Upcoming Events Widget and Multiple Calendars

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Upcoming Events Widget and Multiple Calendars

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michele Troxler

Can the upcoming events widget be filtered by location/venue? Is there a way to have a calendar that only shows one venue? We are looking for a calendar that can be used by one company, but has four facilities. If you are on a facility page, we don’t want all the other locations’ events showing.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Michele,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! You posted some great questions, let me help you with them.

Can the upcoming events widget be filtered by location/venue?

No, that widget can only be filtered by event categories.

There is another widget though, the Events Featured Venue widget which lets you choose which venue’s events you want to list. I believe that would work for you, unless you want ‘live filtering’.

Is there a way to have a calendar that only shows one venue?

If you mean that you only want to show events from one certain venue, then yes. Every venue has it’s own page automatically and can be accessed through a url like this:

http://domain.com/venue/venue-slug/

This will show a list of events, note however that this will not give you a month view. If you would like a month view, then you could use categories for the events, as categories can be shown as month view. Url is something like this:

http://domain.com/events/category/category-slug/

Alternatively you could try some third party plugins like this but not sure if the free version will do that for you.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Upcoming Events Widget and Multiple Calendars’ is closed to new replies.