Upcoming Events Sorting Incorrectly

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Upcoming Events Sorting Incorrectly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gvpennysaver
    Participant

When viewing upcoming Events, the multi-day Events seem to be causing a sorting issue. Any Event that started in the past, is automatically showing up above any single-day Events. This is unfair to the single-day Events, and causes many of them to show up on another page altogether, as we have many user-submitted Events. I suspect the Events are sorting by the timestamp of the Start Date, but for the purpose of “upcoming” Events, anything that happened before today should be considered as a Start Date of today. Otherwise the list becomes a “past” Events list. Similarly, the “Day” view should ignore the date, and ONLY group Events based on time of day. It is not doing so.
    I have managed to come up with a workaround for the “Day” view, but this sorting issue shows up in all of the “upcoming” Events views (List, Day, Photo, etc.)…including the List widget. It is very frustrating to see an Event that has been going on for 4 months as the first Event listed as “upcoming”. How can I resolve this without manually editing each and every multi-day Event to hide it from the “upcoming” views?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy gvpennysaver,

I can see what you are saying. Unfortunately for many of our users thus far the current behavior makes sense. Basically for most of us the sooner an event started, even if it was in the past, the more important it is and the higher up we want it on our lists.

For situations where you have super lengthy ongoing events I can understand where some folks might want the behavior to be as you described though. Maybe it could be an option? Feel free to throw this suggestion up on our uservoice page: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

As it stands there I can think of no easy way to do what you are wanting. It would involve some pretty in-depth modifications.

– Brook

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Upcoming Events Sorting Incorrectly’ is closed to new replies.