Upcoming Events on Another WordPress Blog

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Upcoming Events on Another WordPress Blog

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Beth
    Participant

Here’s my problem. I use The Events Calendar as a “what happening around town” calendar, so it’s very full. For that reason, I installed it on a subdomain that has is separate WordPress install from my main blog. That 2nd install is simply where a few similar resources are held, so they aren’t slowing down the main site with their size.

All that said, I’d really like to have a few upcoming events on the main page. I think it would greatly improve the traffic to the calendar. I know I can pull the RSS feed, but it’s in the order I enter them, not in the order of upcoming events. I’ve read the links about customizing your feed, but I’m a computer minor. That is above me and I’ve read that it can do some serious damage if you don’t do it right, so honestly, I’m scared. Is there a simple way to get a list of upcoming events on another blog without moving the entire calendar there? Am I missing something? I feel like I am, but I can’t figure out what.

Thanks – Beth
    P.S. PS. I’m on Theme Thesis. My events calendar is located here: http://deals.ingoodcents.com/events.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Beth,

Unfortunately this is fairly complex and not something we can really help you with. You’ll need to customize the feed and somehow direct the feed query to order the posts by the _EventStartDate meta field.

If you can figure out how to modify the feed query you should be able to just add these arguments to modify the query:

'meta_key'=>'_EventStartDate',
    'orderby'=>'_EventStartDate'

I hope that helps and sorry I can’t offer up any more here.

Regards,
    Jonah

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Upcoming Events on Another WordPress Blog’ is closed to new replies.