Upcoming Events header to link to Calendar page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Upcoming Events header to link to Calendar page

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    theresajennings
    Participant

I’d like to make the Upcoming Events widget’s header link to the Calendar page (calendar-2), since the Calendar page is a little buried in the navigation.

Or, add text to the bottom of the no-events text blurb or list of events.

How would I do this? I speak a little PHP, and your Themer’s Guide has me flummoxed.

Barry

Hi theresajennings:

Just to be clear and using the events list widget on our widgets demo page as an example, do you mean you want the text “Upcoming Events” (or whatever the widget title is set to) to link to the main calendar page?

Thanks (I just want to be sure I give you the correct advice here)!

theresajennings
    Participant

I want the title of the Upcoming Events widget to be a link to the main calendar page.

or, in the absence of that

I want to include a link at the bottom of the widget to the calendar

Barry

OK, so there are a few ways in which you can do things like this – dropping a snippet like this one into your theme’s functions.php file is one possibility.

Hope that helps!

theresajennings
    Participant

That’s so weird – I ever got a notification that you replied, and when I did a search on this and tried to click through, my browser gave me an error message that this was linked in a way that would never resolve. I imagine I’d change “Events page” in the code to the name of the actual page.

theresajennings
    Participant

Never, not ever.

Barry

I’m not sure what would stop you from browsing back to this thread, but definitely let us know if you continue to hit difficulties on that front.

I imagine I’d change “Events page” in the code to the name of the actual page.

Please do modify to suit!

theresajennings
    Participant

It originated from your search results, so the problem could be there.

Barry

Strange – if I do a search for this thread it all seems to work as expected. Perhaps a one off? Certainly let us know if this continues.

Regarding the original issue my impression is we’re all good so I’ll close this thread – but of course if you hit any other issues or have further questions please do feel free to create new threads as required.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Upcoming Events header to link to Calendar page’ is closed to new replies.