unwanted large image on each event page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO unwanted large image on each event page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    giornale di

Calendar looks fine, even the thumbnail images are coming up perfect: http://www.giornaledibarganews.com/events/
    but when clicking on an event:
    http://www.giornaledibarganews.com/event/presepe-vivente/
    not one but two images are appearing on the event. I have tried not clicking on featured image – I have tried just using featured image but nothing changes instead of the one clickable image, for some reason I have the full sized image appearing above it.
    Any ideas why ? thanks for your time
    ciao
    keane
    http://www.giornaledibarganews.com

Rob

Hey Giornale, happy to help on this. Just so I understand the issue correctly: in that example you linked to (the second link)…how was that configured on the backend? Is it set to just have a featured image; just have an image in the entry body; or both?

What happens if you just include it in the entry body? Let me know the results. Once I can get this clarified, I’ll get a dev to provide some feedback for you. Thanks in advance!

giornale di

I have tried it three ways ….
    Thanks Rob,

1) entering the image as part of the post entry body
    2) entering the image as just the featured image
    3) entering the image as part of the post entry body and as featured image

all three give the same result … the large full size image above the main post entry

ciao
    keane

Rob

Thanks Keane. Makes sense. Let me see if our developer Jonah has any suggestions. I’d think you would be able to hack this together and hopefully he can point us in a direction towards that.

nakturnal
    Participant

You may be able to just take it out with CSS so you don’t have to edit the PHP.

#tribe-events-event-meta .attachment-post-thumbnail {
    display:none;}

It didn’t look like it would conflict with your other event pages but testing is always good. Hope it helps, cheers!

giornale di

thanks Leigh, I will give it a shot ….. just where do I change that css code … in the main plug in? or maybe in the events folder which I put in my main theme folder so that any updates to the plugin will not wipe out the changes ?

ciao
    keane

giornale di

nakturnal: your css change might work but I still am not sure just where I should be changing that css

ciao
    keane

Rob

Hi Giornale. You should be able to modify the css file by copying over events.css into an ‘events’ folder you create in your theme directory. Then modify that new, copied file (leaving the original one unchanged in the core plugin folder) and you should be set.

That help? Let me know if not.

giornale di

thanks Rob , that has now been done … just to make sure that we are both on the same page … so do this modification remove the large image or the small one?

ciao
    keane

Rob

I’m not positive (as it was nakturnal who posted that suggestion), but it looks like it’d remove the thumbnail exclusively.

giornale di

I thought so … but the title of this post at the top of the page was: “unwanted large image on each event page”
    what I was actually trying to do was remove the large image not the thumbnail …. is that not possible ?

ciao
    keane

Rob

Ah alright…thanks for confirming. I’m not sure about this offhand; let me see if our dev has any ideas.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Giornale, there’s got to be something in your theme or a plugin that is automatically putting the image there. Do image attachments automatically show up in your single blog posts? If so, then the same thing is happening for events. If you provide me FTP and WP admin access, I’ll take a look and see what I can figure out. It shouldn’t be too difficult. Email credentials to jonahcoyote [at] gmail [dot] com

Thanks,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Giornale, the reason the larger image is showing in this event is because you have a featured image set for the event in addition to the manual thumbnail inside the event content. The plugins single.php by default will show the featured thumbnail if it exists at the top of the event. You can either remove the featured image from the event itself or remove the featured image code in the wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views/single.php file (first make a copy of this and place it in an ‘events’ folder within your theme to customize).

Does that help?

giornale di

thanks for your time on this Jonah … if I remove the featured image code, will that stop the tiny thumbnails from appearing in the widget on the front page of the site ? …. something that I don’t want it to do

ciao
    keane

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘unwanted large image on each event page’ is closed to new replies.