Unsubscribe link in event notification email

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Unsubscribe link in event notification email

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    upgradetz
    Participant

My hosting company (SiteGround) is requiring that I add an unsubscribe link to the new event notification emails that are sent out. Acually, they took the entire site down for the past 4 days because the link is not there and they consider these emails to be spam. I am not that familiar with php and since I need the site back up immediately I don’t have the time to play around with it the way that I would for other mods. I understand that I need to add the template to the theme but need the code for an unsubscribe link. Please, could you send me the php code that I need to add to the email template that will add an unsubscribe link to the bottom? I would appreciate it immensely. I do not need it to unsubscribe automatically, I just need an unsubscribe request to be sent to me so that I can manually unsubscribe them to be in compliance with the CAN-SPAM_Act_of_2003. Please forward this code as soon as possible. Thanks.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues with SiteGround and the unsubscribe links on alerts.

You are talking about the alerts being sent setup from this page:

Events > Settings > Community Tab > Alerts Section

Correct?

If so if you follow our themers guide:

To move to your theme and then edit this file:

the-events-calendar-community-events/views/community/email-template.php

You can add the unsubscribe link the way you would like before the closing body tag as html without having to use php.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Unsubscribe link in event notification email’ is closed to new replies.