Unresolved questions

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Unresolved questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    magpivo
    Participant

Hi,

The previous topic was closed, however, my questions remains unresolved.
    1. I have the clandar set on weekly view and the titles in the box are NOT laid out properly. When the event lasts 30 min, the event title gets cut off. can you please send me a code to fix it?? it really looks bad and unprofessional.
    2. what would be the css to change the event box background (in weekly view) to different color? i can figure out the color i want in hex, but please send me the css CODE to call that change,
    3. How do I change the button below the calendar to read “download” as opposed to “export”.

I look forqward to hearing back from you with the resolutions,

Barry

Hi!

We’re happy to point you in the right direction wherever possible, but please bear in mind (as Josh highlighted in your previous thread) we can’t always write the customization code for you. Additionally we do try hard to stick to one issue per thread, so let’s deal with the first point in this thread and if you require further support on the other points please do break them out into new threads 🙂

1. I have the clandar set on weekly view and the titles in the box are NOT laid out properly. When the event lasts 30 min, the event title gets cut off. can you please send me a code to fix it?? it really looks bad and unprofessional.

OK – so a simple solution would be reducing the font size, of course that may have drawbacks of its own and won’t work with very long event titles. I guess my question to you would be, what do you want to see here? In these circumstances would you prefer it display no title at all (users would still be able to see critical information by hovering over them)?

Let me know, and I’ll happily see if I can get you started in the right direction 🙂

Thanks!

magpivo
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi magpivo,

Apologies first of all for the delay in replying – for some reason (a bug on our side) the thread wasn’t flagged as being in need of a follow-up.

I do see what you mean and that’s an interesting idea about making it behave a bit like an Excel spreadsheet cell – but what you are requesting is actually quite a complex customization.

In this sort of scenario and given the brevity of some of your events, plus your wish to stick with the same font, might it be the case that week view (at least in its current form) isn’t an ideal choice? In other words, could we consider sticking to other views in this situation?

One of the reasons we ship so many different event views is to let you pick the ones that work best for your particular use-case: so, if week view isn’t working out for you, it may be worth considering instead the views that will most readily communicate your schedule to site visitors.

I do also want to note that we are thinking of revising week view in the future, so longer term this may cease to be a problem, but right now I’m not sure there is too much more we can do for you with this particular issue.

Of course we’re completely open to any further feedback you may have 🙂

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’ll go ahead and close out this thread.

Of course, if we can help with any other issues please don’t hesitate to open a new thread and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Thanks again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Unresolved questions’ is closed to new replies.