Unnamed Venue & Multiple Categories Breaks Single Event Page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Unnamed Venue & Multiple Categories Breaks Single Event Page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kate
    Participant

Hi there

I love this plugin, but have two problems trying to set up a certain calendar.

Unnamed Venue
    As I have a high number of recurring unnamed venues, I have tried implementing this code in my theme’s functions.php (and would be happy to remove the venue link also):
    http://pastebin.com/uL15rhZR
    (as recommended by you here)
    This is not working at all.

Multiple Categories Breaks Single Event Page
    I am trying to use two categories per event, state and event type (as the state dropdown only offers USA states). I require the functionality of a category for both state and event type, to feed through based on category in other areas of the site.
    When an event is assigned more than one category, it breaks the single event page on the front end – it does not display any information including and after the categories field (does not display categories, venue, organiser). It only retains what appears before categories: title, date, text, calendar links and details up to/including start and end date.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    Kate

*Deactivating all plugins did not solve either issue. When I switched to Twenty Fourteen theme, it solved the multiple categories breaking the single event page, but the hide/unlink unnamed venue code still did not work (I added the code to that theme’s functions.php file for testing). I am using the X theme.

Kate
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hello Kate! Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums. I’m glad you love the plugin so far. 🙂

Unnamed Venues. Ah, yes. That snippet you refererence does indeed work, but solves a slightly different situation that what you’re looking for. If you want to remove all instances of “Unnamed Venue” and their links across the site, try this snippet instead:

https://gist.github.com/geoffgraham/2b36f8cb704ea8b7144f

Now, about the categories breaking the front end of the event layout. Do you happen to have a link handy where I can see that in action? It does sound like a possible theme conflict since you identified all is good in Twenty Fourteen, but I’d be happy to look at the front end and check for any other red flags.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Kate
    Participant

Hi Geoff
    Thank you so much.
    That code achieved what I wanted with the unnamed venues, so thank you.
    I will send a private reply with the links to demonstrate the breaking.
    Thank you
    Kate

Kate
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hi there, Kate!

Thanks so much for following up–I’m so glad that snippet helped. 🙂

And thanks for the link, that definitely helps as well.

It looks like there may indeed be a theme conflict in play. When I view the console in DevTools, I see there is a Javascript error coming from a file called x-head.min.js. I wonder if contacting the theme author would help give some guidance in this situation.

Also, if you enable WP_DEBUG, that might give you some additional information, for example the exact function that is breaking. That would help the theme author out as well.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hi there, Kate! Just checking in to see if the theme author was able to help out here or if there’s been any other update–please let me know. 🙂

Geoff

Geoff

Hi Kate! This thread has been quiet for a couple of weeks, so I’m going to go ahead and close it. Please feel free to start a new thread if you still have questions here and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Unnamed Venue & Multiple Categories Breaks Single Event Page’ is closed to new replies.