Unlink Venue and Organizer?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Unlink Venue and Organizer?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mountmadonnaschool
    Participant

All the relevant info for venues and organizers is listed on the single event page. The links to organizers and venues don’t give any information.

Is there a way to get rid of that href?

Cliff

Hi. I believe you’d need to use our Themer’s Guide for this.

You could override /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/modules/meta/organizer.php with /wp-content/themes/[your-child-theme]/tribe-events/modules/meta/organizer.php

Then edit your theme’s organizer.php file to remove the use of tribe_get_organizer_link().

You can do something similar for the venue.php file in the same directory.

I hope this helps!

mountmadonnaschool
    Participant

This worked beautifully for organizer. I changed tribe_get_organizer_link() to tribe_get_organizer()

Venue, however, uses tribe_get_venue and still pulls the link. I can’t find a function that pulls the name of the venue without linking it.

Cliff

Ah, sorry about that. I believe you’re looking to override /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/single-venue.php

Put your customized version at /wp-content/themes/[your-child-theme]/tribe-events/pro/single-venue.php

Let me know how it goes!

mountmadonnaschool
    Participant

No, it seems to be using venue.php…I added a dash to the text to see and it showed up via venue and not single-venue.

Cliff

My apologies. single-venue.php is for a view like this: http://wpshindig.com/venue/tecnoparque-pucpr/ (a single page of the Venue custom post type)

I figured it out:

• Since the Venue name is only linked when PRO is active, it’s coming from PRO.
    • Line 19 of /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Single_Event_Meta.php leverages the tribe_get_venue filter to add the link

This code snippet is updated for v4.3 for both Venues and Organizers (so you can get rid of your theme override file if that’s your only customization).

Please let me know how it goes for you.

mountmadonnaschool
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Welcome to WordPress customizing!

Best practice for adding custom code (like to implement a PHP snippet to modify The Events Calendar) is to create a functionality plugin, unless it’s something specific to your theme, in which case best practice is to make sure you’re using a child theme, then add the customization to your child theme’s functions.php file.

(Just make sure to remove the beginning <?php when you copy/paste the code into your PHP file. It’s required in the snippet to enable the syntax highlighting.)

I hope this information helps!

mountmadonnaschool
    Participant

Yes! That worked, thank you!

Cliff

Awesome. I’m very glad to hear it.

Have a great rest of your week.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Unlink Venue and Organizer?’ is closed to new replies.