Unknown Activity

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Unknown Activity

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Christine White
    Participant

I’m working on a site that’s running slow, especially when the owner updates the calendar.

I’ve noticed that in the last hour there have been 117 updates to this… tribe_last_save_post.
    (I know this from BackupBuddy) No one is working on the site but myself and I am not changing the calendar.

I have other sites on the same server with the same plugins but do not see this kind of activity. Is there anything that would be causing this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for emailing support. This is the first time I have seen something like this and doing some research with colleagues, we have not seen anything like this.

Have you tried reaching out to backupbuddy and see if there is a reason it thinks it’s being updated every minute?

Let me know what you find.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Christine White
    Participant

Why would I contact Backup Buddy? They are not backing it up…

I’m just getting a report of how many changes have happen to my site SINCE the last backup and it’s reporting to me that the tribe_last_save_post table (or record, row)… is changing by the minute.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I am not sure why your site would be modifying the settings this frequently.

I’d recommend you take a look at our article on Performance Considerations. After that, if you decide to implement a caching system then you can move to these articles: Caching: What, when and how and Caching month view HTML in transients

Finally, there is a good article George put up here that groups a set of developer plugins. It’s a bit more technical than the others but will definitely be of help if you are into development.

Let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Christine White
    Participant

Thanks,
    I will pursue some other help as I am running this on 10 sites and they all
    have similar plugins etc and only THIS install is having issues.
    What is updating on the event calendar every minute? Like I said. Not
    happening on any other site.

Mathew
    Participant

Christine,

The tribe_last_save_post looks like it’s part of the caching mechanism built into The Events Calendar.

With caching enabled every visit, human and non-human (bots), the database is checked to see if the item is cached AND whether of not there have been any changes. Most likely there is an change to the cache record or a timestamp change that is constantly happening in the background. As with any caching mechanism, there’s a lot of chatter. Essentially caching is doing its job.

Depending on the number of events, the amount of site traffic and any admin changes, it will probably produce variable numbers including high ones at times.

Two options. Turn off caching OR see if BackupBuddy can exclude tribe_last_save_post. I’m not familiar with BackupBuddy and whether that’s possible. It does look like the Recent Edits Summary is a relatively new feature. So perhaps reaching out to the plugin author would not hurt and perhaps shed some more light on the subject.

You may want to compare settings on a site that not exhibiting the behavior and see if caching is turned off in The Events Calendar. The setting is on the Display Tab in The Events Calendar. Look for “Enable the Month View Cache”.

Hope this helps.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Thanks Mathew

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Unknown Activity’ is closed to new replies.