Undoing Ticket Sales

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Undoing Ticket Sales

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Hay
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’m finishing up a website here after doing a lot of test sales. I was hoping that deleting orders would replenish stock of tickets for our events but it does not. I can’t find a good way to add the tickets back without it showing ticket sales that never happened.

Do you know of an easy “Undo” method for the test purchases we have made?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

I can help you out here. When changing order status it does not remove tickets, but if you would like to go to the Event’s Attendee List and you can use the bulk action to delete tickets and that will change the Tickets Sold Number.

What I normally do is change the order status and remember the order number. Head to the event’s attendee’s list and find those tickets from that order using the order number and delete them.

Does that help?

Joshua Hay
    Participant

Not for the present, I had already deleted all of our test orders iteratively and permanently. Is that the only way to undo ticket sales? Seems a bit silly that tickets wouldn’t have database functionality as fundamental as cascade on delete.

If I can’t fix this through the admin panel for now, that’s fine. Just trying to see what my options are. At least I will know for the future.

Joshua Hay
    Participant

Still would like a response here please

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi sorry delay. We try to respond back within 24 hours to all posts and replies.

Unfortunately, WooCommerce tickets does not have a cascade on delete. I cannot say for the reasoning for it, but that is the only way to remove tickets right now from the total on each event. It is something that I think can be useful and I will bring it in our next meeting as to why we do not have it and how plausible it is to add.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Joshua Hay
    Participant

Alright, thanks for the reply. Help is much appreciated.

And, yes, please do bring it up. It really is a logically fundamental piece that’s missing at the moment.

Brian
    Keymaster

Sounds good. I am going to close this ticket as there is nothing we can do here. I will bring this up in our next meeting. I will update this ticket after that to let you know where we stand.

If you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Undoing Ticket Sales’ is closed to new replies.