Undefined variable: organizer // Please help

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Undefined variable: organizer // Please help

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Luke Schmidt
    Participant

Notice: Undefined variable: organizer in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas05_data03/08/2302508/html/wp-content/themes/grace-church/tribe-events/single-event.php on line 77

I get the above notice on every event that I publish and I don’t know how to correct it. It’s the only problem I have with this plugin. What should I do. Please help.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Luke Schmidt.
    Luke Schmidt
    Participant

Here’s a snapshot of my problem.

Cliff

Hi, John. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

Firstly, the file that error is referring to is in your theme’s template override folder. Please reference our Themer’s Guide for further information.

I’d suggest removing your theme’s custom single-event.php file and starting over with the one from the current plugin version’s single-event.php file — then re-add your customization(s) there, if even needed anymore.

Secondly, I did not see an image/screenshot come through, if that’s what you were referring to by stating, “Here’s a snapshot of my problem.”

Luke Schmidt
    Participant

Cliff,

Thanks for your helpful words. I’m still very much a novice when it comes to all of this. Is there any way that you could walk me step by step through this or should I be looking for someone else to just do it for me? Is it simple enough to do with little instruction or should I be looking for someone that’s not a novice to help me out.

John

Luke Schmidt
    Participant

Cliff,

Thanks again for your help. I got the first issue resolved, but now it’s led to another issue.

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas05_data03/08/2302508/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Asset/Bootstrap_Datepicker.php on line 15

What should I do to resolve this issue?

Cliff

Ah, yes, that’s a known bug currently. Sorry you’re experiencing this. It should be fixed soon via a plugin update.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now.

However, if you’re anxious to get it resolved right away, replacing the entire contents of this file:

/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Asset/Bootstrap_Datepicker.php

with this code:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/moderntribe/the-events-calendar/6888c3ae5da0d67f4aacc147157f005efba1e93f/src/Tribe/Asset/Bootstrap_Datepicker.php

resolved the issue for me. You might want to try it too.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Luke Schmidt
    Participant

Thanks Cliff. That fixed everything right up!!

John

Cliff

I’m glad to hear that!

I’ll leave this thread open to await a reply once the fix is released in the plugin’s code.

Thanks.

Nico

Hey,

I’m reaching out to let you know that we just released a fix for this issue. Please update the plugins to version 4.4.1 (4.4.1.1 for The Events Calendar) and let us know if this actually makes the issue right in your site.

More details on the release → Maintenance Release: The Events Calendar and Event Tickets 4.4.1, plus premium add-ons

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Undefined variable: organizer // Please help’ is closed to new replies.