Undefined tags in day picker

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Undefined tags in day picker

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    flaviarusso
    Participant

Someone could help to fix this issue?
    http://www.funnytour.it/web/wp-content/calendar.png
    I see “undefined” tags everywhere in my Community Events calendar while I haven’t any problem with the date picker in my Events Calendar PRO.

Barry

Can you share a URL so I can see this first hand?

flaviarusso
    Participant
    Barry

Hi flaviarusso,

Unfortunately it seems I need a username/password to view that form. What I’m thinking, though, is that this simply must be a conflict with another plugin or with your theme.

When you opened this thread you noted that you had tried both deactivating other plugins and switching to a default theme: did following these steps allow you to narrow this down either to a conflict with your theme or with a specific plugin?

Thanks!

flaviarusso
    Participant

Yes, I tried, and I excluded problems with other plugins. In twentyeleven there is no problem. In my plugin instead I have problems with the date picker only on the “Add” page of Community Events, no problems with the date picker in backend or in the events search engine of Events Calendar Pro.
    Does Community Events use a different date picker from Community Events Pro?
    If you think so, could you suggest how to use the same?

Thanks for your patience.

Barry

OK, so if it’s definitely specific to your theme we need to try and narrow down the cause.

Would it be possible to grant (temporary) access so I can view the community events submission form? I would only need a basic login in the first instance, not an administrative login.

flaviarusso
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

How strange.

Do you have any custom code inside that theme (perhaps added to functions.php) that localizes strings?

flaviarusso
    Participant

This reply is private.

flaviarusso
    Participant

Barry, I noticed that in line 109 of your file
    the-events-calendar-community-events/views/hooks/form-meta.php
    there is an unknown value named “$EventStartDate”, could you tell me where is it defined? Then, in line 111 and 131 is specified this date format: “YYYY-MM-DD”. This is not corresponding to the italian date format (which is day/month/year) but if I change it in code, nothing happens in frontend.
    This misconfiguration probably causes even another issue: when a user sets a start/end date for his event and then I open it with my administrator rule in EventsCalendarPro, the date doesn’t appear anymore, as showed in this screenshots:
    http://www.funnytour.it/1_Community%20Events%20Date.png
    http://www.funnytour.it/2_The%20same%20event%20opened%20in%20ECP.png

I think we are near to solution, but I need your help to fix it.

Barry

Hi!

So with regards to the original issue with the date picker (and its “undefined” labels) I’m going to pull in another team member to assist with this. My hunch is that it’s a localization issue, but I’m not 100% sure – so please bear with me a little longer.

I noticed that in line 109 of your file
    the-events-calendar-community-events/views/hooks/form-meta.php
    there is an unknown value named “$EventStartDate”, could you tell me where is it defined?

Yes, it’s defined in TribeEvents::EventsChooserBox() (which lives in the-events-calendar/lib/the-events-calendar.class.php) and that in turn is simply pulling it from the relevant post meta field.

Then, in line 111 and 131 is specified this date format: “YYYY-MM-DD”. This is not corresponding to the italian date format (which is day/month/year) but if I change it in code, nothing happens in frontend.

So if you mean this code:

<span class="helper-text hide-if-js"><?php echo __( 'YYYY-MM-DD', 'tribe-events-community' ); ?></span>

Then no, changing that won’t impact the actual date format – that is simply a piece of helper text to tell people the expected format if entering it manually.

I hope that helps you with those specific questions – and again if you can wait a little longer I’m just going to try and get some assistance from another team member on this one.

Barry

If possible, can you also share your theme as based on your earlier comments it sounds like that has some bearing on the problem?

If you could share it in a private reply, ideally by linking to a .zip file hosted either with a service like droplr.com or else simply by uploading it to your WordPress site and sharing the link that way, that would be great.

Thanks!

flaviarusso
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thank you: I’m going to share the theme (on our internal issue tracker) with one of our developers so he can make his assessment – as soon as he gets back to me I will update you, or may jump into the thread himself 🙂

flaviarusso
    Participant

Hi Barry, have you any news for me? I’m going to publish my site in few days. Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘Undefined tags in day picker’ is closed to new replies.