Uncheck 'Show Google Maps Link' in Venues

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Uncheck 'Show Google Maps Link' in Venues

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cinch
    Participant

I’ve disabled the Enable Google Maps in the general settings, but when I add or edit a venue, the checkbox for ‘Show Google Maps Link’ stays checked upon update.

We can’t use the maps because of the way the addresses are formed on some of these.

How can I disable?

Barry

Hi Bryan,

Disabling Google Maps should indeed remove the map itself – so to clarify, do you mean that you wish to remove the +Google Map link from all venue views?

Cinch
    Participant

Hi Barry,

No, I’d like to leave the option for events that have an actual, Google-able event. I can’t seem to uncheck the map link checkbox. I uncheck it, it comes back after updating the event.

Barry

That’s strange and isn’t something I can replicate. Have you tried deactivating other plugins and switching to a default, unmodified theme (such as Twenty Twelve)? If so did that resolve the problem and were you able to isolate this to a specific component – such as a plugin or your theme – that was conflicting?

Cinch
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Yes, I’ve deactivated all plugins except ECP, changed to default theme, and the problem persists. I run a basic WordPress install running twenty-whatever locally, and the issue is there as well.

If you can’t replicate it I’ll just have to hide it with CSS.

Rob

Hey Bryan. Wanted to follow-up here to let you know that, oddly, I just tested in that same environment – 3.0.3 core/3.0.5 PRO/WP 3.6 in Twenty Twelve – and I was unable to recreate either.

Were you able to figure out a CSS workaround? I know it’s not ideal, but I’m sort of at a loss as to how we could proceed otherwise. Any chance you could share screenshots or a screencast of the steps you’re following and the end results?

Cinch
    Participant

Hi Rob. Yes, I’m simply hiding that link via CSS. At this point I’m happy with where it’s at so consider this thread resolved.

Barry

OK – good to hear – but if the problem does come back and cause new problems please don’t hesitate to open a new thread and reference this one.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Uncheck 'Show Google Maps Link' in Venues’ is closed to new replies.