Unable to upload Featured Image on IE10 / Windows 7

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Unable to upload Featured Image on IE10 / Windows 7

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    baynature
    Participant

A member of our website reported that he was unable to upload a featured image on IE. He reports “I received an ‘IO Error’ when I attempted to upload a 254 KB JPEG image using Microsoft’s Internet Explorer. It appeared to upload, then the page displayed an error in the upper right side.” I tried to upload a featured image in IE 10 / Window 7 and it failed. It did not produce the IO Error, just a message saying: “ERROR: An error occurred on upload. Please try again later. ” This seems to be related to our updating our WP to 3.8.

Chris
    Participant

Hi there,
    You’re maxing out on something on your server, likely your max_upload limit. You can try http://wordpress.org/support/topic/fix-upload-problem-with-io-error-max-size-imagemedia. If that doesn’t work, you’ll need to get in touch with your host to have them raise your PHP & WordPress Max Post, Memory, and Upload Limits.

-Chris

baynature
    Participant

Can you explain to me why this would only affect IE?

Chris
    Participant

It’s possible that IE 10 is sending additional headers to the uploader that’s causing the upload_size to rise. It’s also possible that IE 10 is sending a response that the uploader doesn’t understand as well. Since the error given is IO error, indicating an issue between upload and storage of server, it’s possible your host might also be able to find something. Unfortunately, this isn’t an ECP bug, but either something with the browser, the server, or even potentially WordPress in general. I would try the host first, and if they can’t figure it out post a support ticket on WordPress.org.

-Chris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to upload Featured Image on IE10 / Windows 7’ is closed to new replies.