Unable to sync your event to Eventbrite ; Event Requires a Venue

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Unable to sync your event to Eventbrite ; Event Requires a Venue

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kami
    Participant

I am using Pro and EB plugins and cannot create a new EB event from the WP dashboard. I get the following notice:

—————-

We were unable to sync your event to Eventbrite. Here’s what happened:

This Event Requires a Venue to sync to Eventbrite

—————-

I have tested using saved venues and new venues with the same results.

Kami
    Participant

Some additional notes:

I get this error when creating a new event from WordPress. I am able to import an event from EventBrite and then make changes and save successfully. It seems I need to re-authenticate periodically, though. I will attempt to use the “Select an existing event” feature (no results are found) or attempt to import directly by ID (“We were unable to import your Eventbrite event. Please verify the event id and try again.”); then if I go to TEC Add-ons APIs and click “Get Authorization” button, then “Allow” on EB, and try my import again, it works. I believe I may have lost a connection to one EB event by saving the Event in WP when I appear to have lost authentication issues.

Kami
    Participant

I was able to connect this issue to the apparent lost connection between TEC/EB. I would get Sync / Event error when saving a new event. Then click “Get Authorization” … “Allow” from the Addon APIs settings, after which re-saving event draft would successfully create EB event.

I also noticed that sometimes I would lose an EB sync for a TEC event, by saving the draft when the connection was lost. I would open a TEC event with an EB sync event, but find the sync details lost at the bottom of the event editor page. If I save the draft at this point, the EB sync is lost. When I noticed the sync details were lost on a TEC event that should have them, if I run the “Get Authorization” routine then refresh the TEC event editor, the sync details show up.

Is the loss of Authorization a know issue? Is there fix or advisory on how to address? For creating new events, if you get an error, simply running “Get Authorization” solves your problem. For existing events, it would be easy not to notice that you have lost connection, save changed to your TEC and effectively lose your connection to the EB event. Would be less of an issue if there was a way to re-connect an existing TEC event to an EB event, but I don’t see this functionality. I’m trying to think of ways to make the EB plugin more robust for my clients. I anticipate problems because of the loss of sync.

Geoff

Hi Kami and welcome to the forums! I’m sorry for the trouble here with syncing events from WordPress to Eventbrite, but I’m happy to look into it with you.

I believe I may have lost a connection to one EB event by saving the Event in WP when I appear to have lost authentication issues.

Just to clarify: does resubmitting the Get Authorization option also resolve the error with the missing venue? I just want to make sure so I can properly test this on my end and see the results.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Kami
    Participant

Based on my testing today, the missing Venue notice appears to be the result of the loss of connection.

Geoff

Gotcha, thanks for the extra context!

Do you have to reconnect for every event you want to sync? That would certainly be odd and something I haven’t been able to reproduce on my test site.

I see that your system information shows you working with a default Twenty Fourteen theme and no other plugins installed, but that’s different than what I see when visiting the site — do you happen to know if using the default theme and plugins made any difference in that behavior? So, for example, did the connection issues persist, even in those default conditions?

Thanks,
    Geoff

Kami
    Participant

Hi Geoff, I believe I was getting the same behavior with TwentyFourteen. I’ve just switched back and will continue to work like that for awhile and see if the lost connection issue stops happening. Still have only TEC, TEC Pro, and TEC EB Tickets plugins active. Will let you know if the issue persists. Thanks.

Geoff

Awesome, thanks Kami! I’ll leave this thread open in the meantime, so definitely keep me posted.

Geoff

Kami
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Just confirmed that I do lose connection with Twenty Fourteen and only TEC, TEC Pro and TEC EB plugins enabled. Just now I was switching image sync settings and got a white screen with the following notices and warnings when updating the post:

——————————————————

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$upload_data in /home3/tsa123/public_html/websites/ats/staging.austintinkeringschool.com/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/src/Tribe/API.php on line 633

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home3/tsa123/public_html/websites/ats/staging.austintinkeringschool.com/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/src/Tribe/API.php on line 633

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$file_parameter_name in /home3/tsa123/public_html/websites/ats/staging.austintinkeringschool.com/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/src/Tribe/API.php on line 642

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$upload_url in /home3/tsa123/public_html/websites/ats/staging.austintinkeringschool.com/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/src/Tribe/API.php on line 653

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$upload_token in /home3/tsa123/public_html/websites/ats/staging.austintinkeringschool.com/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/src/Tribe/API.php on line 664

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in /home3/tsa123/public_html/websites/ats/staging.austintinkeringschool.com/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/src/Tribe/API.php on line 666

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home3/tsa123/public_html/websites/ats/staging.austintinkeringschool.com/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/src/Tribe/API.php:633) in /home3/tsa123/public_html/websites/ats/staging.austintinkeringschool.com/wp-admin/post.php on line 197

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home3/tsa123/public_html/websites/ats/staging.austintinkeringschool.com/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/src/Tribe/API.php:633) in /home3/tsa123/public_html/websites/ats/staging.austintinkeringschool.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1228

——————————————

Got a broken connection again by: creating an new event with the Ticket Name field empty; got the error notice within post editor; changed the event title (added “rev1”) and added a Ticket Name; updated post.

This time I got a handled error notice from the post editor that says:

—————————————–

We were unable to sync your event to Eventbrite. Here’s what happened:

There was an error when syncing to EventBrite, contact our Support and provide the following information on the Thread:
    stdClass Object( [status_code] => 400 [error_description] => There are errors with your arguments: event_id – INVALID [error] => ARGUMENTS_ERROR)

—————————————–

After both lost connections, confirmed symptoms of lost EB connection, most critically that EB ticket iframe no longer appears on any event page.

Running the the Get Authorization / Allow function restores connection

By now the Venue part of this thread seems maybe irrelevant and the issue seems to be lost connection to EB. Using the Get Authorization seems to fix everything.

My main concerns are:

– If the EB connection is lost at any given point in time we lose our embedded ticket sales. I plan to write up a script that checks for iframe if I find an EB event ID in the post meta and include my own Iframe if TEC EB plugin version isn’t showing.

– in the event of a lost connection, event authors/editors will break the sync with a given EB event by updating a post. My current work-around is include an admin notice (via theme functions.php) to look for a broken connection (no EB sync data at the bottom of the event editor) and a link to the “Get Authorization” settings page.

Both are workable but inelegant, and require fixes embedded in the theme (obviously not the right place for plugin code fixes). Honestly, the EB functionality is probably worth it even without it working properly. As a developer I know what to look for and can work effectively with these work arounds, but seems like these issues should be fixed by the plugin author with a paid plugin.

Thanks for your response and all due respect for the value of the plugin. I’m very excited to roll it out for my content authors, but would love to be able to do so without the hack fixes I will need to apply in it’s current state.

Geoff

Thanks for following up, Kami!

No offense taken with respect to the value of the plugin. I’m totally with you and can assure you that our goal is actively improve, maintain and support all our premium plugins, including Eventbrite Tickets. Feedback and reports like this help us do exactly that, so this is greatly appreciated. 🙂

It truly is weird that authorization is continually being dropped in this case. We haven’t seen other reports like this, but it is certainly clear that our plugins are getting in the mix here since they pop up in the notices.

For the time being, would you be willing to disable the debug error notices and see if that helps? The reason being that if php errors and notices are working their way into our communication with EB, we probably would get unexpected results.

Thanks again! This is super helpful.

Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to sync your event to Eventbrite ; Event Requires a Venue’ is closed to new replies.