Unable to submit events with Community Events 4.4.1

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Unable to submit events with Community Events 4.4.1

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Trent
    Participant

After upgrading the Community Events plugin to 4.4.1, users are unable to submit events. They receive an error message stating that” Event Start Time is required” and “Event End Time is required.”

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/cant-submit-event-error-start-end-time-is-required/

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Trent,

Thanks for reaching out to us and I’m really sorry about this issue with the community events form.

I see that you have an older version of Community Events installed. Did you downgrade already?

In order to be able to help you and investigate the issue it would be great if you could either update all calendar related plugins to the latest version or set up a staging / dev site which is the copy of the current one, with the latest plugins of course.

Please let me know when that’s available and then I can dig further.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Eric Reynolds
    Participant

I had the same error display upon submitting an event. I discovered that the issue was related to the tribe-events directory in my child theme directory. Removing the directory resolved the issue.

After the latest update, I suppose that some of the child theme directory files in tribe-events > community need to be replaced with new files from the updated plugin. Of course, any additions or revisions to these child theme files should be copied over.

I hope this helps.

Eric

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Eric and thank you very much for chiming in.

Fabulous advice you shared there and it is so true. Whenever you do a plugin update, if you have template overrides, it is always worth checking if the original templates had some changes to them. Sometimes the changes can be minor which will have an unnoticeable effect, but sometimes they can be big enough to break a site.

We try to help our users with this, if you go to the Events > Help page, there is a section that lists the recent template changes, if there are any. It looks like this:

Cloudup 4hqq2hi5hfg

Trent, give that a check as well, maybe this will be the source of your issue. Let me know what you find.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to submit events with Community Events 4.4.1’ is closed to new replies.