Unable to retrieve content from the provided URL when importing O365 Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Unable to retrieve content from the provided URL when importing O365 Calendar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

Hi

Having trouble importing my Office 365 calendar. I’ve tried importing the ics file as an ical and an ics file – both give the Unable to retrieve content from the provided URL error. When I try validating the ics file on severinghaus.org I get Error was: Property [ORGANIZER] must be specified once. Opened the ics file and cannot find any reference to Organizer in the file header. In Office 365 the Organizer is set to the name of the account so I’m not sure how else I could set it!

Could you give me a hand please?

Thanks

Paul

Paul
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Hi Paul.

Sorry you’re having this issue.

I tried that iCal URL on my local testing site and saw this error message: “Unable to retrieve content from the provided URL.”

However, I checked all the things I could think of and didn’t see any reason it shouldn’t work.

Turns out that the issue is due to iCal Importer’s default 5 second timeout.

Here’s some code to change it to 10 seconds, which made it work for me:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/35dbf3ca36c57949228bf6ded23d62bf

You can choose the number of seconds you think best but please don’t put it too high (potential for other conflicts).

Please let me know if this solved it for you too.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to retrieve content from the provided URL when importing O365 Calendar’ is closed to new replies.