Unable to retrieve content from the provided URL

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Unable to retrieve content from the provided URL

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Osmundo
    Participant

Hello,

My iCal Importer was working fine up until Sept 26, 2016, at least that’s what was stated as the last date of import. When I updated my iCal events for this month, I was able to verify with a subscribed user that the new updates were reflected in her phone; however, they are not updating on our website.

I then went ahead and renewed my license, deleted the old version (4.2.2), and tried to re-import my iCal events, and I’m still receiving the same error message, “Unable to retrieve content from the provided URL.”

This is an important religious calendar in which we have many people come to our page to find out when a certain feast day would occur, and this is the beginning of the holiest month. At your earliest convenience, could you please advise me as to what the problem could be?

iCal URL:
    webcal://p04-calendarws.icloud.com/ca/subscribe/1/3EGs3iqq8RAKmdGy9z6tkUnsvsxYTFjqbXtNh7wL-uo87KpcaGM6ea4s_92XLfe0A6b8o__-i10Z-8HFPblmWaCM1nIG71MlklsrSLtznF8

Cliff

Hi Osmundo.

I tried to visit that link (replacing webcal:// with http://) but it requires a password. Please advise.

I’d also suggest downloading the .ics file and uploading it to http://severinghaus.org/projects/icv/ to see if the calendar validates.

Let me know what you find out.

Osmundo
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Trying to validate the URL won’t work (as you saw) if the iCal feed is behind a password.

Your 2nd screenshot of trying to validate the .ics file should validate if all is well. Obviously, it’s not.

Whomever creates that iCal URL/file is the one to ask about it. You need to find out why the URL is unavailable (because iCal Importer can’t enter a password each time it wants to fetch it) and why the iCal file (.ics) is not validating.

I hope this points you in the right direction.

Osmundo
    Participant

Uhm, kind of. The URL is created automatically within the Calendar OSX Program when I make the calendar public. I even tried another one of our Webcal calendars on the validation tool and it failed as well.

So, do you think there’s something wrong with Apple’s Webcal server, being that other people on this support forum are having similar problems?

Is there another, more stable, Webcal server I can use for my calendars and Subscription that you can recommend?

Cliff

We’ve seen big name calendars not validate from time-to-time.

Here are a couple ideas:

1. try your .ics file in another validator, like http://icalendar.org/validator.html
    2. create a fresh/new/different/simple calendar feed and see if that has the same results

I hope this moves your situation forward. I’m looking forward to hearing back.

Osmundo
    Participant

Ok, thank you. I tried the other iCalendar Validator per your advise and these are the results for the calendar I was initially having problems with:

Missing required PRODID property near line # 1
    Reference: RFC 5545 3.6. Calendar Components
    Invalid RECURRENCE-ID value, must be specified as a date with local time if and only if the ‘DTSTART’ property contained within the recurring component is specified as a date with local time near line # 619
    Reference: 3.8.4.4. Recurrence ID
    Invalid RECURRENCE-ID value, must be specified as a date with local time if and only if the ‘DTSTART’ property contained within the recurring component is specified as a date with local time near line # 1523
    Invalid RECURRENCE-ID value, must be specified as a date with local time if and only if the ‘DTSTART’ property contained within the recurring component is specified as a date with local time near line # 1559
    Invalid RECURRENCE-ID value, must be specified as a date with local time if and only if the ‘DTSTART’ property contained within the recurring component is specified as a date with local time near line # 1872

However, I tried my other calendar plugin by Web Dorado and it retrieved the updated information with no problem (see attached pic). So, I’m wondering if there was some type of code change on your end? I say this because your plugin was working fine up until the end of last month, and yet at the same time, my other calendar program was able to reflect all the calendar changes. Your thoughts…?

Cliff

This reply is private.

Osmundo
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to retrieve content from the provided URL’ is closed to new replies.