Two views on one page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Two views on one page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi. Is it possible to somehow have two different views on one page simultaneously. For example, the month view on top, and the photo view below.

I know this is not possible with shortcodes. “First, there can only be one “main calendar view” per page! This means that you cannot use the [tribe_events] shortcode on the main events page, and you cannot have multiple [tribe_events] shortcodes on a single page.”, however I would be overjoyed if there was a way to hack it together in PHP. I attempted to do just that, by setting up a tribe events folder in my child theme and customizing the files there. Unfortunately it seems that there is some sort of conflict when I try to put together two views in the same page, where the second view doesn’t loop correctly. I imagine that this is because of a limitation to how your plugin was coded. Could someone please confirm or deny this, and if it is possible to achieve what I am talking about point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

Hi there, not quite sure how long I should expect to wait for a reply, or if PRO plugin support should be contacted in some other way in order to elicit a response? Thanks.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi damjan!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me help you with that.

First off, I do want to note that it may take us between 24-48 hours (during the week) before we respond to a post as stated here. It usually is significantly faster than that, but we’ve been having a higher demand in our forums lately.

Like you said, it’s not possible to include two calendar views in the same page by using the shortcodes. But I think you would be able to achieve what you are looking for with some custom coding.

We are fairly limited in how much we can support custom development questions like this, but I’d be happy to at least point you in the right direction as best I can.

I haven’t done this myself so I’m not entirely sure this could be easily done, but I’d recommend you take a look at the following article about using the tribe_get_events() helper function > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-tribe_get_events/. You could perhaps use this function to retrieve events and then using them in a certain view.

Another great article I’d recommend reading is our Themer’s Guide, if you haven’t already done so.

I hope that helps you get started! 🙂

Best!
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Two views on one page’ is closed to new replies.