Two Tickets with a Shared Cap on Sales/Attendees

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Two Tickets with a Shared Cap on Sales/Attendees

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John Meilink
    Participant

I’m hoping I can word this correctly to get the help I’m looking for. I’ll try to tell it as a story. A client is selling tickets to an event which can handle 3000 total attendees and are selling two types of tickets. We need the event to sell out when 3000 total tickets are sold. Right now they’re set to 1500 of each, but naturally if 2000 of one ticket are in demand we need to allow for that.

Ticket Screenshot

Is there a way for multiple tickets to an event to share a total allotted tickets available?

George
    Participant

Hey @Reid!

You should be able to pull off exactly what you describe using Event Tickets Plus’ built-in global stock features. You can read a guide on using those features in the “Using Global Stock” section here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/making-tickets/

Take a look at that and let me know what questions might arise from that, or any other questions I can try to help with. 🙂

Sincerely,
    George

John Meilink
    Participant

Thanks for the response! Is Events Tickets Plus a separate plugin from The Events Calendar: WooCommerce Tickets. If not, can this not be done with WooCommerce Tickets which we have a paid license for?

George
    Participant

Hey Reid!

Events Tickets Plus is the replacement for The Events Calendar: WooCommerce Tickets. WooCommerce Tickets is now a defunct, no-longer-maintained, legacy plugin.

You can choose to use it if you want; and if there are any fatal security flaws revealed in the plugin, then we might publish releases to patch those huge hypothetical security holes. But it does not have many features and will not have such features added to it.

One such feature is indeed Global Stock. 🙁

If it seems daunting to move from WooCommerce Tickets to Event Tickets Plus, I can assure you that it is a much more straightforward and simple process than it might seem. We have a comprehensive guide here that I urge you to read and follow → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-to-event-tickets-plus/

As a WooCommerce Tickets license-holder, by the way, Event Tickets Plus was added to your account for free when it first launched. So you have the files for Event Tickets Plus here and a license key for it here.

I hope this helps—keep me posted on any further questions that might arise here!

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Two Tickets with a Shared Cap on Sales/Attendees’ is closed to new replies.