Trying to setup cross-domain google analytics tracking with Eventbrite

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Trying to setup cross-domain google analytics tracking with Eventbrite

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Yuval Yeret
    Participant

I notice it is very hard to track my conversion funnel when things cross from event pages on my site to the ticket widgets on eventbrite. I think cross-domain tracking is the issue/solution. see https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/how-to-enable-cross-domain-and-ecommerce-tracking-with-google-universal-analytics?lg=en_US

specifically eventbrite say I should do this:
    Although there are different ways of setting up cross-domain tracking, Eventbrite supports only one. You have to add a special “Cross domain” parameter – “_eboga” – to the end of all outbound links, along with a ‘GA CLIENT ID’.

How can I do that with eventbrite tickets? I think ability to see a conversion funnel is very important to people running events.

thanks

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Yuval,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If I understand correctly you would like to add that extra string to the ticket URLs that point to the Eventbrite site. Is that correct?

The field on your WordPress website running TEC which contains the Eventbrite tickets is an iframe. The source comes from Eventbrite itself.

There is a possibility to modify the content with the ‘tribe_events_eventbrite_the_tickets’ filter, something like this:

add_filter( 'tribe_events_eventbrite_the_tickets', 'myfun' );
    function myfun ( $orig ) {
    // Do whatever to $orig
    return $orig;
    }

You can try to do a pattern match and then replace or something similar to add the desired string to the urls.

I hope this will help you get started. Let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Trying to setup cross-domain google analytics tracking with Eventbrite’ is closed to new replies.