Trying to recreate site and looking for much needed help please

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Trying to recreate site and looking for much needed help please

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    engineit
    Participant

Hi,
    I know you guys are flat out helping everyone but I’m now lost. I am trying to recreate the layout and functionality of:
    http://www.ellaslist.com.au/events/
    1. Can you please tell me what plugins I’ll need?
    2. Please, how do I recreate this header which includes; Search with pre text, “Add an event” button, “signup” button that drops down like this
    3. Directory pages like these
    4. Importantly, The event calendar pro photo view with this layout and furthermore, the date ranges over the pictures. Love how the boxes line up…
    5. This menu. “What’s On”, “spotlight” etc

Lots of questions above but I’ve exhausted all my detective skills sorry.

Casey D

Hello engineit,

Thanks for contacting us! Most of this customization goes beyond the scope of the forums, but I’ll see what I can do to help.

Are you attached to that group or know the developer? That obviously be a great start. Otherwise, what is your connection to that site?

Do you have a public link you can share to your own site?

1. I’m not sure what plugins you’ll need as they are mostly not advertised. Maybe they will respond if you politely ask them?

2. These features really depend on the theme, but the ‘Add event’ button looks possibly like it’s just a menu button with the custom ‘/community/add/’ url, or other custom slug, added.

3. The directory page seems relatively easy to implement, just using hardcoded links and a ‘columns’ shortcode plugin.

4. This should be relatively easy to make. Just use a template override to add some css, and set an absolute width and height for those boxes. If you check out our Themer’s Guide, you could probably make a template override to display what you want.

5. I’m actually personally intrigued by that tabs menu. I believe there is a lot of custom work going on behind the scenes, because those views are returning very specific slugs and queries.

Sorry I couldn’t be more of a help! But hopefully this gets you pointed in the right direction.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

engineit
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey D

Hello engineit,

If you ask on the WordPress.org forums you may get the help of a wanderer. There are quite a few in the community that like helping with quick small changes like this, as it is relatively low hanging fruit.

If you’d like a list of freelancers we work with, you can email us at [email protected].

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello engineit,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Trying to recreate site and looking for much needed help please’ is closed to new replies.