Trying to pull in the Events Calendar Pro Cat Name

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Trying to pull in the Events Calendar Pro Cat Name

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kari Acker
    Participant

HI, Im running a simple query to show the latest event from the events cal pro plugin. Right now I have it pulling in the link, title and featured image.

I can not for the life of me figure out how to have it pull in its custom taxonomy associated with that event.

<div class="small-12 medium-6 large-4 columns">
    			<?php $events = tribe_get_events( array('posts_per_page' => 1, 'orderby' => 'meta_value', 'order' => 'DESC') );
    				foreach ( $events as $event ) { ?>
    					<p class="home-cat"><?php echo tribe_get_event_cat_slugs( $post_id ) ?></p>
    					<a href="<?php echo tribe_get_event_link( $event->ID ) ?>"><?php echo tribe_event_featured_image( $event->ID, 'home-blog', true ); ?></a>
    					<div class="home-news-content clearfix">
    						<a href="<?php echo tribe_get_event_link( $event->ID ) ?>"><h2><?php echo $event->post_title; ?></h2></a>
    						<p><?php echo $event->post_excerpt; ?></p>
    						<a class="home-read-more" href="<?php echo tribe_get_event_link( $event->ID ) ?>">Read More</a>
    					</div>
    			<?php wp_reset_postdata(); } ?>
    		</div>
    Trisha

Hello, Kari!

Thank you for using The Events Calendar! I can help with this ?

The easiest way to get the custom taxonomy for an event is to use the WordPress function ‘get_the_terms()’. I added it to your code to test, you can see the results in this gist.

https://gist.github.com/trishasalas/4b1e2c5084b56c994843672d3a938ce1

Does this help answer your question? Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,
    Trisha

Kari Acker
    Participant

This worked perfect,

Thanks for the help.

Trisha

Hi, Kari!

So glad to hear it! 🙂

I’m going to close this conversation out, but as always, if you need anything else feel free to reach out! I’m happy to help 🙂

Cheers,
    Trisha

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Trying to pull in the Events Calendar Pro Cat Name’ is closed to new replies.