Trying to Move the ticket form on an event – not working with child theme

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Trying to Move the ticket form on an event – not working with child theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dan Feeley
    Participant

Hey there,

I had a request for this before which you successfully answered by pointing out I could follow the instructions from here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/moving-the-ticket-form/

And it did work!

But now I want to protect my changes and made a very basic child theme of my setup. I included only the syntax necessary to relocate the ticket box to below the description. When its in my childs functions.php file it doesn’t seem to work.

Any suggestions?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

I can help out here.

First can you verify the Child Theme is active (just want to make sure before we go further into this 🙂 )

After that does any other coding work in the functions.php?

What about any style changes in the stylesheet, do those changes things on the site?

Let me know and we can go from there.

Thanks

Dan Feeley
    Participant

Alrighty! Thank you for pointing out the obvious. While my styles.css file was being used in the child theme the functions.php file was not named functions. Doh!

So this fix (to move the ticket form) is working just fine when I have a properly named functions.php file!

Thanks again for the help.

Brian
    Keymaster

Yeah I would prefer not to state the obvious, but if I do not start there and that is it I feel even worse.

Anyway glad you figured it out.

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Trying to Move the ticket form on an event – not working with child theme’ is closed to new replies.