Trying to make an events calendar!

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Trying to make an events calendar!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Nix

I am working on a site for a friend of mine…I am absolutely not a professional. He is wanting a website to list and sell concert tickets. The calendar/list he really likes is here: http://www.imcconcerts.com

So anyway…he would like a calendar that looks like this, and when you click on the “Buy Tickets” link, it will take you to itickets.com, which is who he is selling his tickets through since all of his events are assigned seating.

I realize I would need to buy the pro option, and that’s not a problem..I just need to know if something close to this is even possible with your plugin.

Thanks so much for your help!
    Matt

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Matt and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

So anyway…he would like a calendar that looks like this

We do not have a view that looks exactly like this out of the box. But I have some good news.

The closest view we have is the list view: https://wpshindig.com/events/list/ or https://wpshindig.com/events/list/?tribe-bar-date=2023-01 (example with a ticket)

As you can see, it contains all the elements required. This means that by customizing the view (something we encourage), he should be able to get the look pretty close.

You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

and when you click on the “Buy Tickets” link, it will take you to itickets.com

We have a snippet for that: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/make-links-event-go-straight-event-website/

I realize I would need to buy the pro option,

That is true.

From your example, it sounds like this would only be required to provide a link to Tour/Events and artist details. Depending on your preference, you could reuse (and relabel) one of the existing objects for that purpose (venues, organizers and event categories).

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Matthew Nix

Thanks so much…I believe this will work for what he needs, and will be something he can keep updated himself pretty easily. One more question…The link you provided with a “ticket” link uses one of your plugins for selling tickets as well. Is there a way to just make this a link, or a picture to click on? I will read through the Themer’s Guide and see what I can find in there as well.

Thanks again for getting back to me so quickly!
    Matt

Geoff B.

Hey Matt,

I am glad to hear that it looks like this will work for your client.

One more question…The link you provided with a “ticket” link uses one of your plugins for selling tickets as well. Is there a way to just make this a link, or a picture to click on?

Actually, unless you want to, you do not have to use our ticketing plugins at all.

The idea I was suggesting is that you could “cheat” by literally redirecting people who click on your event to the ticketing website.

In any case, we have a great collection of snippets and extensions available (on top of what the themer’s guide lets you do).

Take a look around and please reach out if you have additional questions.

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Trying to make an events calendar!’ is closed to new replies.