Trying to hide metadata in the 3 version

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Trying to hide metadata in the 3 version

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    ivanhi
    Participant

I’m trying to hide some meta from an event but I don’t find the file single.php in the new version.

I’ve modify single-event.php but I don’t find the another file.

I’ll be really grateful if someone could help me.

See you,

Iván

Marc
    Participant

Have the same question. I need to hide the end time for events and add a dynamic FB button. In 2.0.11 I edited this in the single.php, but now it gets generated by echoing tribe_events_single_event_meta, which I can’t find to edit.

Also, would love to edit the details of the tribe_events_event_schedule_details (removing end time and replacing the @ with the word at), so please let me know where to find that as well.

humberlife
    Participant

I have the same issue.

I’m trying to change the position of the map and change the html structure of the event details but I can’t find the file that does that… unless there is a way to call each detail item via template tags.

humberlife
    Participant

ok, i think you can just edit your template file and get rid of the tribe_events_single_event_meta and replace it with individual tags such as:

– tribe_get_embedded_map
    – tribe_events_event_schedule_details
    – tribe_get_venue
    – tribe_get_full_address

The only problem with this is that I haven’t been able to find a function that prints only the additional field(s).

tapps
    Participant

i have a similar question based on tribe_events_single_event_meta display. but i want to change what is all displayed in that area, and include some pieces in a different spot.

for example, on this page:
    http://milwaukeesynod.org/event/lovehate-be-an-ally/
    1) i want tribe_events_single_event_meta to only show the address and event/organizer details (on that right side area, like i have it.) and
    2) i want to put a call in the template to display the “related events” in a different area, for example underneath the two column event info area.

ALSO: i’m looking for the template files to modify how the “details”, “organizer” and “venue” boxes are displayed. i can’t seem to find those files in the /views/ folder (in either the “the-events-calendar” nor the “events-calendar-pro” plugin folders… which BTW it’s terribly confusing to have these template files in BOTH of those locations… so i might be overlooking this file because of this confusion.)

tapps
    Participant

nice find humberlife!

did you happen to know what will display “related events”? i’m looking through this: http://docs.tri.be/Events-Calendar/
    and not finding anything yet…

humberlife
    Participant

Here we go,

tribe_custom_field(‘name of the field’)

this function prints the value of an specific additional field. For more than one additional field use tribe_get_custom_fields.

If you guys find a better solution please let me know.

tapps
    Participant

oops. nevermind. i figured it out.

the related events was being called in the:

tapps
    Participant

(i really wish i could edit posts in here. hah!)

here’s the code that was filtered out 🙂
    do_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta’ )

ivanhi
    Participant

Thanks for your help,

I’ve tried to print some as: and it’s ok. But It doesn’t show the label name and styles.

I think the file has to be in some place to modify easier.

And I ‘ve tried to print custom fields and:
    It doesn’t print anything.

Just print the word “Array”

ivanhi
    Participant
    humberlife
    Participant

Hi ivanhi, I totally agree with you but seems like no one has been able to find the file. If you do please let me know.

I’m printing the label in HTML on my template file and I’m calling the custom fields individually using the function tribe_custom_field(‘name of the field’). Make sure you are not missing any capitals in the parameter. The name of the fields must be the exact same as the label of your custom field.

let me know if anything!

ivanhi
    Participant

Thanks humberlife,

You were right about the capital letters, know it is ok. I paste the code: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/5975436

While we wait for an easier solution I will try to work on this.

Marc
    Participant

It would be great to hear from some Tri.be folks on the best way to handle customization of the event metadata. This is one area that probably should have been documented clearer with the launch.

Leann
    Participant

I also would like to customize the event metadata but have been unable to find it. I don’t want the end date/time to display and I would like to make a few other minor adjustments.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Trying to hide metadata in the 3 version’ is closed to new replies.