Trying to change word "tickets" to "Register for event" (or something else…)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Trying to change word "tickets" to "Register for event" (or something else…)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jujub
    Participant

Hi, I have the pro version and am trying to change the wording above where the visitor purchases tickets. The thing is that they do not issue physical tickets and it is confusing for the customers. Please let me know which file I need to edit to do this. I’ve looked around quite a bit 😉

Hi Julie,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

You can alter the wording of any string using the following tutorial and snippet as your guide:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/change-the-wording-of-any-bit-of-text-or-string/

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

jujub
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Julie,

I apologize for the confusion; You will need to use the full function at the bottom of the article I linked to in order to get that code to work.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

familyship
    Participant

@jujub: You published your admin password in your post. You should delete it or change your password for security reasons.

Hi Julie,

I have marked your above reply as private for your security.  Let me know if you need any further assistance with this issue!

Thanks,

Jaime

jujub
    Participant

Thank you! I had no idea that was a public reply. I had tried to add that code in and it didn’t seem to work. That’s why I sent my login info. I really don’t want ALL instances of the word “tickets” changed anyway, just the one that is at the bottom where you purchase tickets. If you can direct me to the correct file to edit, I’m sure I can find it. There are just too many files to look thru. Thanks 🙂

Hi Julie,

Here is the code that you should use to change the word ‘Tickets’ (just change the word ‘Test’):

function tribe_custom_theme_text ( $translation, $text, $domain ) {

// Put your custom text here in a key => value pair
    // Example: 'Text you want to change' => 'This is what it will be changed to'
    // The text you want to change is the key, and it is case-sensitive
    // The text you want to change it to is the value
    // You can freely add or remove key => values, but make sure to separate them with a comma
    // This example changes the label "Venue" to "Location", and "Related Events" to "Similar Events"
    $custom_text = array(
    'Tickets' => 'Test',
    );

// If this text domain starts with "tribe-", "the-events-", or "event-" and we have replacement text
    if( (strpos($domain, 'tribe-') === 0 || strpos($domain, 'the-events-') === 0 || strpos($domain, 'event-') === 0) && array_key_exists($translation, $custom_text) ) {
    $translation = $custom_text[$translation];
    }
    return $translation;
    }
    add_filter('gettext', 'tribe_custom_theme_text', 20, 3);

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
    Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Trying to change word "tickets" to "Register for event" (or something else…)’ is closed to new replies.