Trying to call Events category for slider

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Trying to call Events category for slider

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    buitenaardig
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I was hoping you could help me with a small problem I’m running into.
    The website I’m working on has a slider and a carousel, just below eachother.
    The code for both are about the same. You get to choose a category from wich you
    want the content to show (http://stichtingtwentsebalie.nl.buitenaardig.hostingxs.nl/stb-01.jpg)

The code is:
    ————————————————————————————
    <?php
    $carousel_title = get_post_meta($post->ID, ‘wt_meta_carousel_title’, true);
    $cat_id = get_post_meta($post->ID, ‘wt_meta_carousel_cat’, true);

$args = array(
    ‘cat’ => $cat_id,
    ‘post_status’ => ‘publish’,
    ‘ignore_sticky_posts’ => 1,
    ‘posts_per_page’ => 15
    );
    ?>
    ————————————————————————————

Now my question: How would I change the code to be able to select the categories made by The Events Calendar to show as a Carousel or Slider?

Looking forward to an answer, thank you so much in advance.

Casey
    Participant

buitenaardig,
    Thanks for getting in touch! The Events Calendar uses a custom taxonomy named ‘tribe_events_cat.’ As I’m not familiar with that particular slider/carousel, I can’t speak to specifically how to customize it, but I would suggest reaching out to the developer of that plugin to see if they can offer any guidance on how to modify it to use a custom taxonomy instead of post categories.

Hopefully that helps point you in the right direction, but let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

buitenaardig
    Participant

Thanks for following up on this question Casey, very kind of you. Sadly enough I havent been able to figure it out yet but I’ll contact the developer of the plugin to see if we can work something out.

Thanks again!

Casey
    Participant

Ok, thanks for the reply. Since it looks like you’re all set here, I’ll go ahead and close this thread out. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further questions for us. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Trying to call Events category for slider’ is closed to new replies.