Try to set the status of new ticket orders to "complete" – not working

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Try to set the status of new ticket orders to "complete" – not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Barbara
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have tried to enable the ‘Try to set the status of new ticket orders to “complete” automatically” on the Events Tickets Settings tab, but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything. Can you point me in the right direction? When entering a search in Google, it seems that noone has been able to actually get it to work (fully). All were pointed to different solutions like the ‘WooCommerce Auto-Complete”-plugin or adding custom code to the functions.php (which is not ideal since it would also complete orders that failed or

Now, we still have to manually complete each order. We have payments coming in via the WooCommerce Mollie gateway. There are no other payment options than this gateway. The only way an order should not get a auto-confirm is when it’s failed (backed out during payment via Mollie). After reading a few other threads, I’m starting to suspect that this autocomplete-function you’ve built in, is not working for all payment gateways. As I can imagine, it can be difficult, but it would be so great to have a bit of automation here!

Besides the fact that manual approval of each order is a hassle, it’s also annoying because the customer gets more mails than we’d like. Now, we have to send out the ‘order confirmation’ mail, a few hours/days later the ‘tickets-mail’ alongside with the ‘order confirmed’ mail. It would be great to eliminate one of these mails by auto completing the succesfully paid orders.

Thanks,
    Hans

Geoff B.

Good evening Hans and welcome back!

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

You are absolutely right.

1. The built-in WooCommerce Auto-Complete feature tends to not kick-in for a lot of our customers (we are not quite sure why at this point).
    2. Adding WooCommerce’s official snippet has its drawbacks, as it’s a pretty monolithic approach.

Added support for the Mollie gateway, would be a cool feature to have.
    You can suggest it in our User Voice forum. That way other customers can vote for it!

On my end, I will investigate a bit more what Dev has to say about this.

In the meantime, I know some of our users have decided to use third-party plugins to have more control over this (although we have not tested these ourselves):

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Hans,

As promised, I followed up on this one.

It looks like there are no quick fixes available. As such, I have opened a ticket to improve on our built-in functionality, including support for the Mollie gateway.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned, you will be contacted when the fix is released.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Melanie Adcock
    Participant

Geoff,
    Just to let you know that I too have this issue. Also, I have tried both of the suggested plugins and they are not working either to autocomplete the orders. They both used to work ( I tested them both before). Now none of the solutions work. I am still troubleshooting at this point.

Geoff B.

Hey @Jonahgirl,

Thank you for chiming in.

I would recommend opening a separate thread for this.
    That way:

1. We can look at your specific setup and provide you with personalized support without sending notifications to Hans
    2. We can add more threads to the bug ticket, thus increasing its priority

Cheers,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Try to set the status of new ticket orders to "complete" – not working’ is closed to new replies.