Truncate Event Title in month view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Truncate Event Title in month view

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    loakine
    Participant

How can I truncate Event Title in month view?

Here is a sample Event Title that is way too long, how can i shorten all event Titles in Month View.
    SBCC Center for Lifelong Learning Presents Major Issues: Lectures, Discussions & Community Events “Your Primal Body: The Paleo Way to Living Lean, Fit, and Healthy at Any Age”

Casey D

Hello loakine,

Thanks for contacting us!

Unfortunately that level of customization goes beyond the scope of the forums. If you check out our Themer’s Guide, you could probably make a template override to display what you want.

If you have a moment, we’d love for you to submit this idea to our UserVoice forum. We take user ideas and contributions very seriously, and many times their ideas end up in our future releases.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

loakine
    Participant

ok thanks, can you help me get started and let me know which file i would need to edit/override to truncate Month View Titles?

Casey D

I would have to look into this more, but unfortunately that level of customization goes beyond the scope of the forums.

I would take a look at the month view templates. I’m not positive, but if you override month/single-event.php you may be able to truncate the title. You might find our docs helpful too. I believe we have a truncate function that might be able to help.

That might be the wrong file, but that is where I would first look.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello loakine,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Truncate Event Title in month view’ is closed to new replies.