Trouble With Events Plugins – Playing Whack-a-Mole

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Trouble With Events Plugins – Playing Whack-a-Mole

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tony
    Participant

I’m running into a couple of problems and I’m feeling like I’m playing a game of whack-a-mole. If you don’t mind I’d like to keep all of my bug issues in this thread.

Issue #1
    I’m running into is probably a cache issue with amazon cloudfront. With the same setup and plugins activated on my localhost and live server, I’m running into a problem on my live server where the footer of my page is showing up in the middle of the Add Events page for the community events.

Issue #2
    Ran the update this morning on the plugin and now whenever I go to community/list it takes me to page 8 even if there are no events on that profile. Did not do this before the update.

Issue #3
    Yes the WP_Router issue is fixed (for the most part), but the title of the page is not the event, instead it’s “WP Router Placeholder Page”.

At the moment Issue #1 could be my issue. Issues #2 and #3 are probably the plugin.

Unfortunately, because our site is a live website and gets so much traffic I cannot strip it down to default settings. I can do that on my localhost, but not on the live server.

Rob

Hey Tony. Thanks for the follow-up here. Happy to address these issues best I can

1. This one is probably going to be rather difficult to test, though it’d be weird if Cloudfront was causing what — best I can tell — sounds to be a CSS issue. Have you switched the events template under Settings –> The Events Calendar?

2. If you have the site installed on localhost (which based on your note, sounds to be the case) I’d be interested in hearing if this occurs on the stripped down environment. (For me, it does not). Please give that a go and let me know about how many events you’ve got / the # set to display per page as controlled in the Events settings.

3. How are you reaching this page that matches the WP Router Placeholder Page headline? When I use the newest code; submit an event on the frontend; then access “My Events” and edit that event, the title is what it should be (the name of the event). Are you reaching it through different steps? Does re-saving your permalinks have any impact here?

Let me know about these and either myself or a dev (probably both) will take a look to try and get this resolved for you. Thanks for being patient so far.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Trouble With Events Plugins – Playing Whack-a-Mole’ is closed to new replies.