tribe_update_event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO tribe_update_event

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ipsdc
    Participant

I’ve discovered this function has a few oddities site developers may want to know about.
    http://docs.tri.be/Events-Calendar/function-tribe_update_event.html

1. If the events post_type is not specified it doesn’t work.
    2. Specifying EventStartMeridian seems to break it as well.
    3. EventStartDate and EventEndDate are required. If one is missing, the date is replaced with January 1, 1970 @ 12:00 am. Because of this, you can’t do something as simple as the following which I think is unexpected and a shame:
    tribe_update_event($post_id, array (‘Venue’ => $venue_id));

I hope the developers will work on these issues or at least better document them.

Best,
    Brian

Rob

Hey there Brian. Thanks for the heads up here; this is a really good point you raise here. While it’s a bit outside my expertise, I’ve asked Barry from our team (far more dev-minded than I) to take a look here and get this in the queue for an update to the code/docs/both as needed from there.

We’ll keep you posted once he has a chance to take a look regardless. Thanks again for the heads up and let me know if we can do anything else.

Barry

Hi Brian,

We could definitely improve the documentation and intend to do just that: building up those sorts of resources is very much on our radar and though it may take a little while to get there – it is after all a large task – please know we understand the importance of this task to our user-base.

You’re absolutely right that the post type must either be our own events custom post type (or be an array that includes that type) and we ought to make that clearer.

It is also true that some arguments are required, though in fairness the documentation you linked to in turn references the docs for tribe_create_event() which does specify this and a few other things in more detail. Again we could definitely make this clearer.

The only thing I’m not sure on is your note about EventStartMeridian – this seems to work fine for me, with the proviso that the corresponding *Hour and *Minute arguments would also need to be provided. Once again, this could probably be made clearer (!) – but I’d be interested if you’d noticed any other irregularities with the *Meridian argument beyond what I just described in case there is anything else we need to fix up there.

Thanks for your feedback – it will definitely help us in our drive to improve documentation across the project 🙂

Rob

Hey Brian! Any thoughts on Barry’s last comment here? Do you need anything else from us at the moment?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘tribe_update_event’ is closed to new replies.