[tribe_this_week] shortcode seems to be conflicting with my theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO [tribe_this_week] shortcode seems to be conflicting with my theme

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Justin Armstrong
    Participant

The week calendar display momentarily, then is immediately hidden.

I’ve using Avada theme and am trying to display the week calendar on the homepage.

When I switch to the Twenty-Fourteen theme, the calendar displays.

How do I fix this?

George
    Participant

Hey Justin,

Thanks for reaching out!

What you describe here makes it clear that the problem itself is arising from the Avada theme:

When I switch to the Twenty-Fourteen theme, the calendar displays.

So your best course action here is to reach out to the Avada support team—sounds like their JavaScript or CSS is preventing the display of the widget on your site.

I hope they can help that your site gets working again.

Sincerely,
    George

Justin Armstrong
    Participant

That’s really unhelpful. This was working earlier, and now it’s not, though I am using the same theme. How would I go about diagnosing / troubleshooting the problem?

George
    Participant

Hey Justin,

Sorry to hear this! So, to be clear, if you activate the Twenty Fourteen theme on your site, or Twenty Sixteen or another default theme, do the issues arise regardless?

If that’s the case, can you leave that default theme active on your site temporarily so I can take a look at the calendar views in that theme?

Thank you!
    George

Justin Armstrong
    Participant

When I switch to Twenty-Sixteen theme, the problem does NOT arise. So, it definitely appears to be a problem with the theme I’m using.

That said, Avada is the #1 most popular WordPress theme on ThemeForest, which is (I believe) the largest seller of premium WordPress themes. So, I would think it would be well worth your time to get your shortcode to work with this theme, or at least find out what the conflict is, so we can inform the Avada team.

I have switched my active theme to Twenty-Sixteen and you can see it here now: http://dancecalendar.ca

George
    Participant

Hey Justin,

Thank you for your feedback. Avada does some non-standard things that break WordPress coding conventions, and while this is fine, the onus is on the folks who break the norms to deal with the problems they cause by breaking the norms.

If the shortcode works fine in a standardized, normative theme like Twenty Sixteen, then Avada is the location of the problem. We do not make the code for Avada so unfortunately cannot dive into the code to troubleshoot the problem.

We do our best to maintain support for “norm-breaking” themes, and theme frameworks, like Genesis for example—and Avada, too, as well as other popular themes like the Divi theme. But issues like this one can arise despite that.

Your best course of action here is to contact the Avada theme folks for support—I’m sorry for the trouble here but hope this response is clear and honest, and helps you move forward with your project.

Sincerely,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘[tribe_this_week] shortcode seems to be conflicting with my theme’ is closed to new replies.