tribe_get_recurrence_text returning incorrect text

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO tribe_get_recurrence_text returning incorrect text

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marty
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m using tribe_get_recurrence_text on my list template, and it’s returning incorrect values. When the Event has recurrence text it returns correctly. But when the Event does not have recurrence text, the function returns “UNTIL SEPTEMBER 27, 2014”, which I take to be the recurrence text for one the other Events in the system. The way I’m using it is:

<?php 
    while ( have_posts() ) : 
    	the_post(); 
    	global $post; // So that $post->ID works
    	echo tribe_get_recurrence_text($post->ID); 
    endwhile; ?>

Am I doing this incorrectly?

(Also, I couldn’t find tribe_get_recurrence_text() on docs.tri.be? Is there a doc page I should be consulting?)

Thanks!

Barry

Hi Marty 🙂

You can find an entry for tribe_get_recurrence_text() in the PRO section of docs.tri.be (we group things by plugin):

docs.tri.be/Events-Calendar-PRO/function-tribe_get_recurrence_text.html

I’m not sure I can replicate the same problem, though – if for instance I amend list/single-event.php so that the recurrence description is always printed (via tribe_get_recurrence_text()) then it works as expected: nothing shows for non-recurring events, whereas recurring events display the relevant information.

Is there any more context you can provide? When is your loop running?

Marty
    Participant

Okay, I’ll investigate some more. Thanks for your help!

Barry

No problem 🙂

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘tribe_get_recurrence_text returning incorrect text’ is closed to new replies.