tribe_get_events show only upcoming events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO tribe_get_events show only upcoming events

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Rich
    Participant

Hey All – we are using tribe_get_events to show a list of upcoming events, but it is showing past events: theparentshandbook.com (bottom right). We are using this snippet of code:

https://gist.github.com/jrstaatsiii/6001599#file-tri-be-event-list

what is the best way to set this up so that it only shows future events?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Rich,

Try changing ‘eventDisplay’ to ‘upcoming’

– Jonah

Rich
    Participant

Hey Jonah – I made that update, and it definitely changed the events shown, but it appears to be showing old recurring events from last month.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Rich,

Hmmm, its working ok for me using your same code. Make sure to try deactivating all other plugins to make sure no other plugin is conflicting with ours. Can you provide me with some information on the old events that are showing so I can try to recreate things on my end?

Thanks,
    Jonah

Rich
    Participant

here is the site in staging with all plugins deactivated minus ACF, and the flexible content addon which is required for this element to show up:

http://handbook.staging.wpengine.com/

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Rich,

So where are the events on this page? Can you provide me with some information on the old events that are showing so I can try to recreate things on my end?

Thanks,
    Jonah

Rich
    Participant

The events are near the bottom on the right underneath “Upcoming Events”: http://handbook.staging.wpengine.com/ — All of the events listed are past except the last. Is that what you are asking? -Rich

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Rich,

I see it now, thanks. This is strange, the code works fine for me (I don’t see any past events) so it must be some conflict somewhere. I would suggest deactivating all other plugins first to see if any other plugin is causing an issue with our query. If that doesn’t work I would suggest taking a look at any other custom queries on the page. Do you have any? If that doesn’t work either, it could be a theme conflict issue or a conflict with something the theme is spitting out. What theme are you running?

– Jonah

Rich
    Participant

Hey Jonah – I’m sorry for the delay on this, i’ve been pulled in so many directions, it’s hard to keep up. I think i narrowed down the issue. Now it’s determining whether or not the issue is my fault, or something with the plugin.
    If you look at the events list on this page: http://www.theparentshandbook.com/ you’ll see that everything looks as you’d expect. And, if you click on a link to a single / one off event, it works perfect. However, if you notice an event that is a recurring event, in our case, Vail Farmer’s Market and Hot Summer Nights, the date is correct, but if you click on the event to go to it’s page, it is actually going to the original event for that recurring profile, not that instance of the recurring profile. When you recreate this, are you using recurring events, and if so, are you experiencing the same thing?

Thanks so much!

Barry

Hi Rich,

Sorry in turn for the further delay on our end.

Sadly Jonah has left the team 🙁 and so I’m going to jump in here – what I want to note though is that there is probably a limit to how far we can help with this since it is after all a custom development issue (and right now the reality is we’re really pressed with support requests).

A couple of ideas, though, in no particular order:

* Could you try setting eventDisplay to custom
    * Can you try using tribe_get_event_link() instead of the_permalink() to render the link

Rich
    Participant

tribe_get_event_link() was the answer. thank you for the support, above and beyond. It is much appreciated. -Rich

Leah

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know Rich.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘tribe_get_events show only upcoming events’ is closed to new replies.