tribe_get_events in index.php (home) theme page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO tribe_get_events in index.php (home) theme page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Roberto
    Participant

Hi i’ve got an issue. I need to replace in my home page the link to events that previously i’ve used using normal posts of a specific category. I’ve migrated all the events and all is ok: http://www.vittoriarisi.it/events. The problem is that if i add some example code from your documentation, nothing happen, the system put the ul opening and closing elements only without content. I’ve try with wp-debug and no error are present.
    What’s wrong? 🙁

Barry

Hi Roberto. I received your email.

As I understand it, you need to display upcoming events on the homepage. Are you able to define a new sidebar, then embed the Events List Advanced Widget – which can display the next n upcoming events?

You would then only need to style it or customize it as per our tutorials. Does that help here?

Roberto
    Participant

The problem is that i need to “syle” as is now in the site. I’ve thinked about the widget as solution but seems that is not possible to to what i need (first event with a bigger font, and the others without it.

Barry

Sure, well there are two avenues. It may still be possible simply to use CSS (the :first-child selector may be useful in targeting the first even, for instance) but if not you can completely change the widget’s appearance by using template overrides: please see tutorial for more details on how to do this.

Barry

*event

Roberto
    Participant

Thank u! so u confirm that i need to create a widget area for do this, but this causes that i cannot use the widget in other pages due the widget style will be the same of the home page?

Barry

So you mean that you want to use the widget throughout the site, but only want it to look a particular way on the homepage?

That’s completely possible – use a unique sidebar and/or wrap it up in a unique div if you need to (when it’s used on the homepage), then target that sidebar with some new CSS rules.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘tribe_get_events in index.php (home) theme page’ is closed to new replies.