[tribe_events_list] repeated event

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus [tribe_events_list] repeated event

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jens Kirk
    Participant

Hello!

I am trying to output 4 forthcoming events from a certain category, so I use the shortcode: [tribe_events_list limit=”4″ category=”special-calendar”]

My problem is that all my events are recurring events. That means that my 4 forthcoming events becomes the 4 next events of the same event.

What I am trying to do, is to display the first event of the next 4 forthcoming events in my category.

The question is: can the existing events calendar accommodate this wish or do I need custom php development?

Cheers

Sky
    Keymaster

Hello Jens!

In Events > Settings > “General” tab, there is a setting called “Recurring event instances.” Checking this will only show the first event in a series within list view. Will this help with what you are wanting to do?

Thanks,
    Sky

Jens Kirk
    Participant

Hello Sky

Thank you for the reply.

So, my issue is that I present two pages. One page with a selected category of events, where I do not want recurring events to show beyond the initial event. The second page lists all my events including all recurrences.

The option you refer to is either/or. I would like to solve this on the shortcode level, to be able to present both lists.

Is there an readily available way to do this?

Cheers

Sky
    Keymaster

Jens,

Unfortunately, the shortcode does not have an attribute for that particular option, so it is an either/or for the whole site. The only thing I could suggest would be to use a view other than “list” for the second calendar.

There may be a way to develop a custom solution to do what you are wanting, but that would be beyond what I can help you with here.

I apologize that I wasn’t able to provide a better answer. Please let us know if you have any other questions or issues that we can help with.

Thanks,
    Sky

Jens Kirk
    Participant

Thanks for the answer.

So it seems that I am at the limit of what EC can do at this time. Could you propose me contact to a developer that knows his EC well, that I could ask for a quote for writing a snippet that would do what I need here?

Cheers

Sky
    Keymaster

Jens,

I do not know of any TEC customization developers personally. I did Google it, and there were several sites offering TEC Customization. However, having no experience with any of them, I’m reluctant to make any recommendations.

Thanks for reaching out to us, and good luck with the customization. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘[tribe_events_list] repeated event’ is closed to new replies.