[tribe_events_list city="yes" address="yes"]

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions [tribe_events_list city="yes" address="yes"]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

Hi there, I’m using the shortcode: [tribe_events_list city=”yes” address=”yes”] to feed a calendar to my homepage. Can I use the same or similar shortcode to display archived or past events?

Thanks

Geoff B.

Good evening Paul and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

The short answer is yes. You can display past events.
    See the full list of possibilities here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Paul
    Participant

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I can’t see the shortcode that will allow me to show past events. If you look at the link below, you will see I an trying to have a tab to current events and one to past events. Is this even possible?

http://klamath-ifrmp.com/

Thanks

Paul
    Participant

Is it possible for you to just provide the shortcode that I would use for this?

Thanks so much

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Paul,

Thank you for writing back.

You can specify the date you are displaying in any view (e.g. [tribe_events view=”month” date=”2016-08″]). So that could be used for past events purposes.

But, there is currently no dedicated fully automatic way to achieve this (at least not built-in).

I opened a ticket to suggest that feature internally as I can totally see how that would be more robust in many cases and really cool feature to have.

In fact, I would recommend that you suggest it in our User Voice forum. That way it can get voted on.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Geoff B.

Hello again Paul,

You are in luck!
    One of our dev came up with the following (untested) code as a starting point: https://gist.github.com/GeoffEW/f9de188d60f3a6f9e93cb050db7f7c0a

You can place that in the functions.php of your theme and use codes such as [tribe_past_events view="list"]

I would recommend not using that on the month view though.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘[tribe_events_list city="yes" address="yes"]’ is closed to new replies.