[tribe_events view="photo" venue="something"] not limiting to venue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO [tribe_events view="photo" venue="something"] not limiting to venue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    garts
    Participant

I am trying to create a page on our website for a separate venue. The page will have introductory text about the venue and then I would like to have events in photo format for just that venue.

Venue name is- George Link, Jr. Gilmer Arts PLAYHOUSE
    the slug – playhouse-2

From the documentation I thought the shortcode would be
    [tribe_events view=”photo” venue=”George Link, Jr. Gilmer Arts PLAYHOUSE”]
    or
    [tribe_events view=”photo” slug=”playhouse-2″]
    or
    [tribe_events view=”photo” venue=”playhouse-2″]

I have tried all these combination but all events show up on the page. Actually since I don’t have an event entered yet for that site it should come back blank.

I also tried the featured venue option and I think I got that to work but didn’t seem to be able to format the view to anything other than list. Is that true.

here is a link to the page playhouse webpage

Help!
    Debbi

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Debbi and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the shortcodes not working to your liking. Yikes!
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Let me run some tests this afternoon and get back to you on this one.

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Geoff B.

Good evening Debbi,

As promised, I spent a bit more time to understand what you were trying to accomplish and to see what the possibilities are.

Currently, the full calendar views do not support the attributes you are looking for: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/

This leaves you with 2 options:

1. Cheat by creating event categories that bear the venue name and then filter the full calendar view using that “event category”
    2. Perform a customization on the venue view. You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works (look for the single-venue.php section).

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

garts
    Participant

Yeah I had come to the same conclusion to “cheat” by setting category to the venue.
    Thanks for trying.

Geoff B.

Good evening Debbi,

Awesome! I am stoked that you managed to find a workaround.

Since this could be a cool feature to have, you can suggest it in our User Voice forum.
    That way other customers can vote for it!

Is there anything else I can help you with on this topic ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘[tribe_events view="photo" venue="something"] not limiting to venue’ is closed to new replies.