tribe-ext-view-tickets template for child theme

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus tribe-ext-view-tickets template for child theme

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Adam
    Participant

Hi there,

Just wanting to find out whether there’s a way I can put the tribe-ext-view-tickets/index.php template into my child theme.

I want to change the text “Download a PDF copy of this ticket” to “Download a PDF copy of this ticket (you must be logged in for this feature).” At present when the plugin is updated I lose the changes.

Either this, or prompt user to log in when they click the “Download a PDF copy of this ticket” would save a lot of confusion for customers. Currently it just shows the home or event page, so they think the function doesn’t work.

Thanks for your help,

Adam

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Adam!

Thanks for getting in touch! Let me help you with this topic.

As a general rule, you shouldn’t modify any plugins files directly, but instead use one of the methods described in our Themer’s guide to customize our plugins > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Let me note that we are fairly limited in how much support we can give for custom development questions like that as we state here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/what-support-is-provided-for-license-holders/

That said, we always like helping out and at least point users into the right direction as much possible.

You should try customizing the email.php template file located at /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/views/tickets/ by making a template override or by using the ‘tribe_tickets_ticket_email_ticket_bottom’ action hook provided in it.

I hope it helps. Let me know if you have other questions and I’d be happy to help.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘tribe-ext-view-tickets template for child theme’ is closed to new replies.