Translations not working in PRO

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Translations not working in PRO

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    GDPR20191021
    Participant

Hello,

Translations in “The events calendar” are working, but not those from “Events calendar PRO”. The result is that the plugin is partially translated. When analysing the function “load_plugin_textdomain” it returns “true” for “The events calendar” and “false” for “Events calendar PRO”.

Has anyone an idea what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

That is a strange issue. That is the only thing not working in pro is the translation? I would think more would break if that is not working.

Anyway, it sounds like something is corrupted. Can you deactivate, delete The Events Calendar Pro.

Then get the latest version from our site here and reactivate it and see if that fixes the issue.

Also the translation string for Pro is:

tribe-events-calendar-pro

Let me know about that and if that does not work we can go from there to test for conflicts.

Thanks

GDPR20191021
    Participant

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Here’s an overview of how my plugins are loaded in chronological order with the locale at the time of loading:
    1. en_US: new-user-approve
    2. en_US: tribe-events-calendar-pro
    3. de_DE: sidebar-login
    4. de_DE: tribe-events-calendar
    5. de_DE: sitepress
    6. de_DE: wpml-string-translation

As you can see, at the beginning the locale is still “en_US”, but should be “de_DE”. All translations for “tribe-events-calendar-pro” are in english while “tribe-events-calendar” is correctly in german.

Best regards.

GDPR20191021
    Participant

By the way: I deleted and reinstalled, but nothing changed. Still the same issue.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok thanks for the information.

I have been able to test on my site the translation and it is working. So lets see if there is a conflicit some where on your site that might be causing this.

Can you please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide and see if that can help narrow down the issue here.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/testing-for-conflicts/

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks

GDPR20191021
    Participant

It seems this could be an issue with WPML.
    Is there a way to change the loading order of the plugins so “tribe-events-calendar-pro” and “tribe-events-calendar” could load together, or one after another and have the same language? Maybe this would fix the problem.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok that makes sense.

There is a conflict between us and WPML. It is something we are going to work on addressing early next year, but does involve a rather significant change to our coding to get to work correctly.

We do not have a way to change the order.

However, I know of this plugin:

Plugin Organizer

But I have not tested it myself, but it could help change that order.

That is about all we have for this, we unfortunately, do not have any snippets to help with WPML as the issues are much deeper then a snippet could fix.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

GDPR20191021
    Participant

Hi,
    thank you for your advice!
    For now I will test with the plugin organizer. I hope that your fix will come out soon, as WPML is becoming a standard for multilanguage sites.
    Best regards.

Brian
    Keymaster

Sounds good. We are working on resolving the conflicts, but have no timeline for that. Since there is nothing more we can do right now on this I am going to close this ticket, but if you have any other issues related to this or something new, please create a new one.

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Translations not working in PRO’ is closed to new replies.