Translations

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Translations

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stefan Bergfeldt
    Participant

I’m having a little trouble with my public form. I operate in Sweden, so everything is supposed to be in Swedish. I’ve edited the translation file, but there are a couple of things remaining that I can’t seem to solve.

1. Organizer is translated to Arrangör. Works just fine, except in the dropdown, where it says “Select or create a Arrangör”, and in the button below, where it says “ADD ANOTHER ORGANIZER”. How can I translate these correctly?

2. Venue is translated to Plats, and the dropdown says “Select or create a Plats”. I want this translated correctly as well, of course.

3. The date and time. I get the date format correct, but the time is shown as am/pm. We Swedes can count all the way to 24 you know. How do I change that? Also “This event is from 08:00 to 17:00 on 2017-02-13.”, how do I translate that?

i can see that the datepickers module is changed in the last release. I think that might be a clue

Geoff B.

Good evening Stefan and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are facing with the Swedish language files.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

1. Organizer is translated to Arrangör. Works just fine, except in the dropdown, where it says “Select or create a Arrangör”, and in the button below, where it says “ADD ANOTHER ORGANIZER”. How can I translate these correctly?

This string is found in the-events-calendar-sv_SE po and mo files.
    What is happening is that it looks like the translation for Swedish has not been completed yet.

I would recommend reading the following if you have not already:

1. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/incomplete-translations/
    2. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/how-to-override-plugin-language-files/
    3. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/translating-the-events-calendar/

2. Venue is translated to Plats, and the dropdown says “Select or create a Plats”. I want this translated correctly as well, of course.

That is the exact same string as previously 🙂

3. The date and time. I get the date format correct, but the time is shown as am/pm. We Swedes can count all the way to 24 you know. How do I change that? Also “This event is from 08:00 to 17:00 on 2017-02-13.”, how do I translate that?

You can control the time parameters in 2 places:

1. Directly in WordPress > Settings > General (wp-admin)
    2. Under Events -> Settings -> Display

By tweaking these, I believe you should be able to get the format you desire.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Stefan Bergfeldt
    Participant

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough, the problems I’m having is with the community event plugin (hence posted in that category). In my admin panel, the dates and translations are correct, in the public view with published events, the dates and translations are correct, but in the form where my visitors can add events, I get am/pm time and missing translations.

Geoff B.

Good evening Stefan,

Thank you for writing back and for clarifying what you meant.

Actually, I did understand what you meant correctly.
    However, the strings for both the backend and the Community forms come from the same language file ( the Events Calendar ).

If that does not work properly (as that seems to be the case for you), it means that:

1. The language files need updating (from the POT file), especially if you have them in /wp-content/languages/ or /wp-content/languages/plugins/
    2. Your theme or theme customization is overriding the strings or the date format.

Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Secondly, after a backup of your language files, could you try replacing them with these: Swedish update

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Translations’ is closed to new replies.