Translation not working in Community Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Translation not working in Community Events

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Oliver
    Participant

Hi Casey,

The translation of two tags “Currency Symbol” and “Cost” and the “Leave blank …” are not working the the Community events:
    http://www.treffpunkt-jazz.de/events/community/add/

Even as I did the translation it still shows the english word. I guess the reason for it that it is maybe hardcoded:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7bw9v22ygy4b012/Screenshot%202014-02-04%2020.55.25.png
    Can you give me a hint, in which file I can find the related code?

Independent from that I realized that there is maybe a problem with the used textdomain, e.g. there is a textdomain “default” used, which has only one translation or a text domain wp-router with only 7 translations:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cc74xo0joj1ksgo/Screenshot%202014-02-04%2020.53.06.png

Best regards,
    Oliver

PS: I’m using the Codestyling Lokalisierung Plugin to translate it, which works always great.

Casey
    Participant

Oliver,
    If you take a look at the ‘views’ folder in the Community plugin directory, you’ll see which textdomain those labels are using. Since these labels are also used in The Events Calendar, they’re using the ‘tribe-events-calendar’ textdomain. Try using that and see if it fixes the issue. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Oliver
    Participant

Hi Casey,

as reported by Leah here:
    https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/german-translation-for-events-calendar-pro-3-3-1-and-events-community/#post-100795
    the translation work on her test system.
    Any idea, why it doesn’t work on mine?

Best regards,
    Oliver

Casey
    Participant

oliver,
    Do you have a translation file for The Events Calendar? Make sure you’re using the correct textdomain for each string that you’re translating. Look in the ‘views’ folder and you’ll see the textdomain that they’re using. Some are using ‘tribe-events-community’ and some are using ‘tribe-events-calendar,’ since some of those strings are also used in the Admin Dashboard, so doublecheck to make sure that you’re using the correct ones.

Thanks!

Oliver
    Participant

Hmm, in my .po file i found this code, which looks fine from my point of view:

#: views/community/modules/cost.php:34
    #@ tribe-events-calendar
    msgid “Currency Symbol”
    msgstr “Währungssymbol”

#: views/community/modules/cost.php:44
    #@ tribe-events-calendar
    msgid “Cost”
    msgstr “Eintritt”

And in the cost.php i found this:

<label for=”EventCurrencySymbol”>
    <?php _e(‘Currency Symbol’,’tribe-events-calendar’); ?>:
    </label>

<label for=”EventCost”>
    <?php _e(‘Cost’,’tribe-events-calendar’); ?>:
    </label>

Should be ok, isn’t it?

Can it be related to a plugin, theme, etc..
    I’m just wondering that all the translation works, but not for these two label.

Best regards,
    Oliver

Oliver
    Participant

After rethinking it, I will setup a new clean version and check if it works then. I have the feeling that there is an issue or relation with another plugin, theme, etc.

I will come back to you if it doesn’t work afterwards. Please leave the thread open.

Oliver
    Participant

This reply is private.

Leah

Hello Oliver,

Thanks for doing that troubleshooting and letting us know the results. I was pretty stumped, but I talked to one of our developers and we’ve gotten to the root of the problem. Forgive me if I don’t explain this clearly, but the problem has to do with the fact that the strings are in both the .po file for TEC and for Community Events, and the Community Events one isn’t talking properly to the TEC file, so it’s not getting translated. We need to fix a line of code in Community so that they communicate properly.

We will probably have this correction done for our next maintenance release. In the meantime, you might want to use a string-specific translation plugin like Say What? to get the strings appearing in German. Thanks for your patience while we fix the issue!

Best,

Leah

Oliver
    Participant

Ok, sounds good! I thought about something like that!
    I will wait until the next release to have it fixed! (it was already there since 3.1. so some more weeks don’t hurt me)

Thanks for getting this figured out!
    Best regards,
    Oliver

Leah

Thanks for your patience Oliver, we really appreciate it. I’ll update this thread when we get the fix released.

Best,

Leah

Barry

Hi! We’ve now completed some work that ought to address this issue in our very next upcoming release. Thanks for your patience and if you do hit any further problems with this once you’ve updated please don’t hesitate to let us know in a new thread – thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Translation not working in Community Events’ is closed to new replies.