Translation not perfect

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Translation not perfect

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Clement Depres
    Participant

Hi,

I do have some issue with the french translation on the frontend community form. Please have a look at the screenshots:

problem 1problem 2problem 3problem 4

I guess they are self explaining – it’s a nice mixture of English and French or only English

Can you help me ? If you want the terms I can give you that 🙂

Thanks a lot,
    Clement

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/translation-issues-in-community-event-plugin-4-5-4/

Andras
    Keymaster

Salut Clement,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

Thanks for reaching out with that! The translations are done by our community. I have checked and the translations for these string have not yet been submitted in French.

You can translate these yourself with the help of PoEdit or the Loco Translate pluign.

You can find the strings in this file:

wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar-community-events\lang\tribe-events-community-fr_FR.po

Once the translations are done I would recommend you to copy the tribe-events-community-fr_FR.po and .mo files to the following folder:

wp-content\languages\plugins

This way the translations will not get lost with a plugin update.

Also we’d be happy and grateful if you would add the translations to the repository so other French speaking users can benefit from it. This article contains more details on this and should help you get started.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Clement Depres
    Participant

Hi,

Great !

Thanks for your help, even if it’s a bit weird for me to pay for a plugin and do this kind of stuff by myself 🙂

Clement

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Clement,

I’m glad I could help!

I understand your slight disappointment regarding the translations. As much as we would like to, at the moment we don’t have the capacity and the language knowledge to maintain the translations for (currently) 40+ languages for 8 plugins, so we have to rely on the community for this.

We are really proud of and thankful to the German community who keep the translations always up to date and 100% complete. We would love to see this sort of dedication from other language communities as well. 🙂

French is also quite on the top of the list having 70% translated.

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please create a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugins, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar/
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/event-tickets/

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Translation not perfect’ is closed to new replies.