translation not complete

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events translation not complete

• This topic has 10 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Hans-Gerd.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Hans-Gerd
    Participant

Hi,
    same described issues here on our development environment.

Best regards
    Hans-Gerd

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/community-events-submit-form-translation-not-available/

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/community-events-submit-form-translation-not-available/

Andras
    Keymaster

Hallo erneut,

Sorry for this issue, we are already deep into investigation, trying to find the source of the issue. I’ll ask for a bit of patience. I’ll be in touch as soon as I have something.

Danke und grüsse
    Andras

Hans-Gerd
    Participant

Hallo Andras,
    schön von Dir zu hören 🙂

Thank you for information. I’ve translated most of the missing terms. If you want, I would send you a link to my owncloud with the updated PO-files. But in tribe-events-calendar-pro-de_DE there are 90 terms, which I have to translate yet.

Best regards and nice weekend
    Hans-Gerd

Andras
    Keymaster

Hallo Hans-Gerd,

Sorry about this translation glitch, it slipped through somehow.

If I remember correctly I sent you the steps before, but here is it again.

Fortunately most of these non-translated strings can be translated. It will require some manual work, for which I’m really sorry. Hopefully this will not be needed in the next version any more.

Here is what you need to do:

1. Download the Community Events plugin to your PC and unzip the files.
    2. Open the the-events-calendar-community-events\lang\tribe-events-community.pot file with a suitable language file editor (e.g. PoEdit)
    3. From the Catalog menu click on Update from sources Then save and close the file.
    4. From the same folder open tribe-events-community-de_DE.po (or the version you are using) and from the Catalog menu choose Update from POT file. Save and close.
    5. Upload the tribe-events-community-de_DE.po and tribe-events-community-de_DE.mo files to your server to the respective folder, or to wp-content/languages/plugins/tribe-events-community-de_DE.po (and .mo) if you want to keep the translations after an update.

This should do the trick.

If you already have a translation override in wp-content/languages/plugins/tribe-events-community-de_DE.po (or more translations in the original place) then download / use that file in step 4.

Some of the strings come from Events Calendar Pro, so you will need to do the same steps with those translation files. (Update .pot from sources, then update .po from POT.)

And to be sure, you should do this with the language files of the core The Events Calendar as well.

This should do it.

There are 2 strings which you cannot translate that way at the moment. “Start/End:” and “All day event” on the community event submit page. I think we also had this before.

There is a workaround for this, here’s what you need to do:

Copy this file:

wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar-community-events\src\views\community\modules\datepickers.php

to here:

wp-content/[your-theme]/tribe-events/community/modules/datepickers.php

Then open it for editing.

In line 67 and 157 you will find the above 2 strings. In these 2 lines change

'tribe-events-community'

to

'the-events-calendar'

That should do this part.

I hope this helps and I’m sorry it is so cumbersome. We are working to get this fixed for the next version.

Let me know if all goes well.

And once you have all the translations ready we would be really happy to receive them, so we can make it part of the package.

Cheers,
    Andras

Hans-Gerd
    Participant

Hi Andras,
    I think, you have misunderstood me:
    Thanks to your description I have almost tranlated most of the terms, you already sent me the description before.
    But there are 90 terms or sentences left, which I have to translate yet.

When I finshed the translations, I will sent you the link to the files immediately.

Best regrads
    Hans-Gerd

Hans-Gerd
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Hans-Gerd.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Hans-Gerd.
    Hans-Gerd
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘translation not complete’ is closed to new replies.