Translation issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Translation issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant

Hi,
    Im using Events Calendar pro with a norwegian translation. “Events” is translated to “Hendelser” but a better translation would be “Arrangementer”. Ive updated the norwegian language files (tribe-events-calendar-pro-nb_NO.po) but and it works som places, but most of the default translation is still “Hendelser”. Is this difficult to change? Has it something to do with custom post type name used? (In the wordpress admin, also the translation “Hendelser” is used..) How do I change, and will it affect the imports I’ve done?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Margrethe,

Thanks for going Pro and welcome to the forums! Let me try to help you with this issue.

Events is also defined in another file, namely wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\lang\the-events-calendar-nb_NO.po

Try changing it there as well and let me know the outcome.

Also, if you would like your translations to stick after a plugin update, then I recommend placing these 4 files to the wp-content\languages\plugins\ folder.

the-events-calendar-nb_NO.po
    the-events-calendar-nb_NO.mo
    tribe-events-calendar-pro-nb_NO.po
    tribe-events-calendar-pro-nb_NO.mo

You can find more details about this in this article:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/how-to-override-plugin-language-files/

Please, let me know if you need any more help.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Translation issue’ is closed to new replies.