Translation file location

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Translation file location

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cmavrikas

Hello,

I use a different translation file than the one coming with the plugin for my language (greek). I would like to ask you, in what location should I upload the file and what file name to use, so that it is not overwritten each time I update the plugin. I use a child-theme.

Thank you!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using the Events Calendar.

Here on the pre-sales forum, I’m afraid we do not provide technical support. I would ask that you take any technical support questions across to our wordpress.org forum – our staff scan it periodically and other community members may also be able to help out.

The Events Calendar

Having said that for now the plugin only looks in the /lang/ directory and will be overwritten on updates.

In 4.2 we are adding a feature where you can put them in this directory:

wp-content/languages/

So look for that on the release of 4.2 in a couple months.

Thanks again!

cmavrikas

Thank you

Brian
    Keymaster

You’re Welcome.

I am going to go ahead and close this ticket.

Thanks!

Leah

Hello!

I’m happy to report that we have been working on this feature for our upcoming 4.2 release. The new features for each of our plugins are currently being tested by our QA team and by our beta testers. Soon we’ll be putting the finishing touches on the code and then shipping the new versions out to our lovely customers.

Thank you for your patience while we worked on this. We appreciate your support! Keep an eye out for version 4.2 coming your way in the coming weeks.

Cheers,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Translation file location’ is closed to new replies.