Help Desk

Translation failed

  • Posts: 2 Topics: 2
    | Permalink

    Hello out there,
    I use this wunderful plugin with Events Calendar Pro and it´s not possible for me to show it in german language. Everything is english. How can I solve that. The .mo/.po are in wp-content/plugins as “the-events-calendar-de_DE.mo/the-events-calendar-de_DE.po” and “tribe-events-calendar-pro-de_DE.mo/tribe-events-calendar-pro-de_DE.po” how you described. All caches are cleared, but it´s still english. I controlled the translations in PoEdit and it looked translated well so far.
    Please help! Thanx

    Posts: 9778 Topics: 1
    | Permalink
    Correct Answer

    Good afternoon Christiane and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

    Thank you for reaching out to us.

    We are sorry to hear that your calendar is not displaying in german. Yikes!
    I would love to help you with this topic.

    As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

    Secondly, full disclosure, we had a few glitches with language files in our latest releases. Maybe this is related to the issue you are experiencing.

    When translation file strings are not kicking in, it is usually caused by one of the following things:

    1. Your translation files are not up to date (which could accidentally be the case with our latest releases)
    2. You are using some customized translation files that have been placed in the /wp-content/languages/ or /wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder
    3. Your theme is using its own text domain for some of the strings related to the calendar

    In the first 2 cases, the solution is to update your translation files using the pot file. You can do this by using the Poedit software and heading to Catalog > Update from pot file.

    If that does not work, you might have to perform another step first. Open the Pot file of each plugin using Poedit and go to Catalog > update from sources.

    You can then try the update again from the pot file.

    If your theme is using its own text domain for template customizations, I would strongly suggest reverting back to the Events Calendar text domain in your child theme.

    Let me know how that goes.

    Best regards,
    Geoff B.

    Posts: 2 Topics: 2
    | Permalink

    Hello Geoff,
    thanks a lot for your fast answering. That was very detailed and helpful. I did it just before with trial and error. The problem was the plugin qtranslate-x that I deactivated but didn´t delete at all. When I cleanded the database and alle the fragments in there, all the caches after that, I had the right tranlation for german.
    Ihave to activate the qtranlate-x in 1-2 weeks, because of a new language on the site. Hopefully it will work with your fantastic plugin. Like it!
    If not, I will contact you again.

    Best regards Christiane

    Posts: 9778 Topics: 1
    | Permalink

    Good evening Christiane,

    I am super stoked that this was helpful to you.

    As a side note, officially we do not support Qtranslate-X as a multilingual solution.
    Our solution of choice for now is WPML for that purpose.

    With that in mind, I know a lot of our customers are using Polylang with satisfactory results.
    But this is also a plugin that we do not officially support.

    In any case, I am not saying it will not work. But I am saying we are limited in our ability to help if you stumble upon issues with these plugins.

    You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

    For now, I am going to close this thread.

    Have a great week!

    Geoff B.

    | Permalink

The topic ‘Translation failed’ is closed to new replies.