Translating "Send RSVP confirmation to"

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Translating "Send RSVP confirmation to"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    TEME
    Participant

I am trying to translate the sentence “Send RSVP confirmation to” via the .po file to Danish. I am using the Loco plugin for translation, and everything works great – all but this simple sentence “Send RSVP confirmation to” which Event Tickets will not accept translated into another language.

Can you help me locate the problem?

Regards,

Lasse

Geoff B.

Good evening Lasse and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the struggle with translating the “Send RSVP confirmation to”.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

What is probably going on is that the .po and .mo files packaged with the plugin are not always up to date.
    As such, if you try to translate from the files delivered with the plugin download some strings might not work properly.

But, the good news is that you have access to the latest versions here (you can also contribute): http://translations.theeventscalendar.com/projects

I believe this should solve your issue.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Lasse

HiGeoff,

I have looked at the current PO file that my LOCO plugin is translating, and this HAS found the line with “Send RSVP confirmaiton to” and added the Danish translation accordingly.

Current event-tickets-da_DK-po file:

#: src/views/tickets/rsvp.php:96
    msgid "Send RSVP confirmation to:"
    msgstr "Send tilmeldingsbekræftelse til:"

Your suggested wp-plugin-event-tickets-stable-da.po file:

#: src/views/tickets/rsvp.php:96
    msgid "Send RSVP confirmation to:"
    msgstr ""

As you can see from the above, my current po file should work, but doesn’t. I believe changing po-file would not make a difference.

Can you please confirm, that you can change the sentence “Send RSVP confirmation to” into another language?

Regards,

Lasse

Geoff B.

Hello Lasse,

Thank you for taking the time to answer and do the proper tests.

I did some additional inquiry on my end and I believe I found the cause of the issue.

It seems like the wrong domain is defined in /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/views/tickets/rsvp.php at line 96 (‘event-tickets-plus’ should be replaced by ‘event-tickets’)

I will open a bug ticket so that this gets fixed as part of an upcoming Maintenance Release. Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned, you will be informed as soon as bugfix!

In the meantime, just replacing the string above should work.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Leah

Hello!

I’m happy to report that we have been working on this feature for our upcoming 4.2 release. The new features for each of our plugins are currently being tested by our QA team and by our beta testers. Soon we’ll be putting the finishing touches on the code and then shipping the new versions out to our lovely customers.

Thank you for your patience while we worked on this. We appreciate your support! Keep an eye out for version 4.2 coming your way in the coming weeks.

Cheers,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Geoff

<p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>Hey TEME! I want to reach out to let you know that we did just ship this feature in 4.2 this week. Please check out the latest version when you have a change (and do check out the <span class=”s2″>release notes</span> for more important info on updating) and thanks for you support while we worked on this.</span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>Cheers and have a great weekend!
    Geoff</span></p>

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Translating "Send RSVP confirmation to"’ is closed to new replies.